1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Factory Reset questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jpcdmd, Aug 15, 2012.

1. jpcdmd

jpcdmd Newbie

Under Storage>Factory Reset, I'm given the option to "Erase all data" and "Erase SD Card". I have all my pics etc backed up to /sdcard2 using Astro File Manager. My pics are also located in /sdcard/ext_sd/DCIM.

1. If I do the factory reset and select both "Erase all data" and "Erase SD Card", will my external SD card (sdcard2) be erased also? It is my understanding that the phone has an internal SD card as well (/sdcard), and that is the one that will be erased, not the external sd card (sdcard2) Is this correct?

2. If I select both, should I have the external sd card (sdcard2) removed from the phone when I do the factory reset, or am I safe leaving it in the phone?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zazan

zazan Android Enthusiast

I have never done a reset that way only by removing the battery and holding the volume down key while holding the power button, however both techniques should get the same results.

On my phone the internal storage is called HTC storage and my sd card is /sdcard/ext_sd. So assuming you are the same than YES it will erase your sd card.

I always back-up everything on my computer before doing any reset or update, just in case.

I have never taken my card out and I also have everything backed-up on my Google account and on the auto back-up app. I have never lost any of my music or pictures or documents. I'm a back-up freak as you can see but that is from experience. Good luck.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews