• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Factory Reset & Sim Card

cyraxx

Jul 29, 2010
Hi everyone. I have reason to believe I have some sort of keylogging type thing on my phone. I noticed that my gmail wasn't connecting, so I tried to log back into it...didn't work. My password was somehow changed. I reset the password and changed it to something else, while on the phone, and went to sleep. When I woke up, same deal...it couldn't connect and asked me to relogin. So I reset it on my computer and haven't logged into my google account on my phone since, and it's been fine (which is what leads me to believe it's on my phone, not the computer).

I want to do a full reset of the phone to make sure I get rid of this thing, so how should I go about that? Also, will resetting everything eliminate my problem? Finally, what effect would this reset have on the numbers I have stored on my sim card?

I know I need to be safer with what apps I have, etc once I get this fixed, but I need to get rid of it first. Thanks for any help you can give.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones