1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support factory reset

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by mohammed yusuf moosa, Apr 16, 2016.

1. mohammed yusuf moosa

None

Apr 16, 2016
    Male
    I did factory data reset on my samsung s6 marshmallow bcoz i wanted lollipop back..but after doing it i dint get lollipop back..so please help me to get lollipop back

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    You can't. You have to root, and getting lollipop back may mean you have to reflash firmware on your phone and void warranty, and there's no guarantee it would work because of Knox.

electricpete, Mikestony and girolez like this.
  3. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hi

Factory resets to not revert to the "original" firmware, they just wipe everything except the current OS. ie all data, settings etc.

I found this http://justforprogrammers.blogspot.com/2015/12/downgrade-from-marshmallow-to-lollipop.html which looks right, but I have never done this, so I suggest you research the method a lot before trying.

I believe there is a risk of bricking your phone IF the v6.0 you have installed has updated the original bootloader and/or radio firmware and the "old" version you try to install does not change it back (because the old version relies on the original factory firmware being there). The sammobile software packages are not intended for going backwards in versions.

Unless you really cannot live with marshmallow, I personally would not bother. What in particular makes you want to revert?

electricpete and Mikestony like this.