• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
H
I haven't done one of these on an Android before and I'm nervous. Can someone walk me through it? I don't want to accidentally delete everything off of the phone.

Is this how to do it? Is a hard reset the same thing?
How to hard reset the Samsung Vibrant - Know Your Cell
Use this code i posted in the secret code thread, its super easy....
Do a Factory data restore to factory default settings, dial in:
*#*#7780#*#* Follow the onscreen instructions. You should probably make sure you have full battery or that the phone is plugged into power before doing this, and if it freezes, I don

Upvote 0
Hmmm, I remember seeing that option under 2.1, but I can't verify since I'm on 2.2 now. It's also possible it was removed by Samsung.

The last time I tried resetting from Privacy settings, it didn't let me, but it was a rooted phone. I think it should work fine for you to reset through that.

Upvote 0
Hmmm, I remember seeing that option under 2.1, but I can't verify since I'm on 2.2 now. It's also possible it was removed by Samsung.

The last time I tried resetting from Privacy settings, it didn't let me, but it was a rooted phone. I think it should work fine for you to reset through that.

That's a 2.2 option I'm almost positive. One of the few things I miss from my original Droid as many times as I reload lol..

My phone is rooted and I could do the reset from the privacy settings. You just have to remember to enter the password twice. It's 1234 by the way, if anyone was wondering.

Upvote 0
Ahh.... So I won't be able to restore until I am on 2.2?

For free, with auto downloading of all your installed apps? Yes, I'm about 98% positive it's a 2.2 thing.

You could purchase titanium backup from the market tho and just backup all your apps before you reset. This would allow you to reinstall just what you want, as well as all the data associated with it.

Upvote 0
Titanium Backup is free but it is only for rooted phones. I'm such a noob I'd brick my phone for sure if I rooted it.

If you can copy something to your sdcard you can root, it's really that simple. Copy the file over, turn the phone off, turn it on while holding down the volume buttons, select the file and you're done.

Sorry about the confussion with titanium backup, I don't use it personally, just assumed as much as it is praised it had gone pay by now lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones