1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Factory Reset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheSteveA, May 29, 2011.

1. TheSteveA

TheSteveA Lurker
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    Hello, ive been reading things about reseting phone improves battery life and can improve phone performance so i just wanna know what are the benefits of resetting phone?

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    It's essentially resetting the phone to the state in which you bought it. Unless you've downloaded any OTA updates, in which case it will delete all apps etc to give you a clean version of that specific version.

It may improve battery life, but I don't believe there's any conclusive evidence to support that. Likewise it may improve performance as all the apps you've installed will be deleted, but if you've linked it to the same google/market account, all the apps will download again anyway.

There's certainly no harm in doing so, but it would be more advisable to root out the source of any problems first. Rogue app, setting etc. Is there anything you've got an issue with?

3. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 19, 2011
    Factory reset should be a last resort, you must back up all your files, contacts, apps, ect. It leaves you with a terrible empty feeling. I thought I did all my backup with astro, but I lost my contacts. And it was hell, redownloading hundreds of apps.