1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Factory Reset?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ajak, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Ajak

Ajak Lurker
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    New England
    What exactly gets removed from your phone on a factory reset? I know all your apps are removed and you loose your contacts, but those are on the google cloud. Are your pictures and music touched? Any information would be great, I have been browsing over the different forum sections and did a very light google search(The few links I investigated came back here and didn't answer all my questions). Basically a list of the things that are kept vs. what is reset would be perfect. Thanks

Advertisement

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    NOTHING on your SD card gets touched. Your photos and music will be fine.

A factory reset simply restores the phone itself to its "out of the box" state: no apps, no settings, nothing. Now you're right in that you'll log into Google again, let your phone sync up for 20 minutes or so while your contacts and apps repopulate. Any app that you loaded outside the Market will not be downloaded by Google, so you might want to make a list of those, if you have them.

You'll have to redo your homescreens, wifi & bluetooth settings, and your app DATA (like high scores) will be gone.

Hope this helps :) GOOD LUCK!

Lowrider1 and Ajak like this.