1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Factory Reset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by master_yoda, Aug 6, 2011.

1. master_yoda

master_yoda Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 17, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Will a factory reset remove/delete the gmail/google account used for the market?

Cheers

Advertisement

2. JonnyDroid

JonnyDroid Member
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    It will only remove the link to it on the 'physical' phone, the account itself will still exist - you just need to sign back into it after the reset (in the same way as you originally linked your phone when new).

3. master_yoda

master_yoda Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 17, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Thats good, as long as its removed from the handset so another account can be used for the market instead.

I Had to flash another rom on the san francisco to allow the use of another account for the market after forgetting the password!

4. JonnyDroid

JonnyDroid Member
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    I did read somewhere (I forget where, but will come back & edit if I see it again) that the newest version of the market allows you to change accounts without a reset.

Having said that, I do wonder if this may lead to problems with apps installed via different accounts, especially paid ones, but I dont know enough (yet) about android to know if the apps remained 'connected' to the gmail account after install. I am sure one of the experts here would have more idea. :)

Tags: