1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Factory Reset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by saptech, Jan 4, 2014.

1. saptech

saptech Android Expert

I did a factory reset on the tablet, but I also had used Clickfree to back up my apps & data. After the reset, google restored most of my apps. This is the first time I've did a factory reset since I've had the tablet, Sept. '12!

I guess I didn't want that because I was able to restore my data but apps settings and customization wasn't restored after google restored the apps.

Could I have stopped google from restoring my apps and used Clickfree to restore them? If so, I guess I could do another reset and do it. If I was to use Clickfree to restore apps, will it overwrite the current apps?

Any thoughts, suggestions and ideas on it?

Thnx.

2. brosko

brosko Android Enthusiast

I know you can uncheck the restore apps box upon boot up after factory reset so it doesnt restore apps.

saptech likes this.
  3. saptech

saptech Android Expert

I guess I didn't noticed while doing it. But now I'm going ahead and restore from the backup app. I hope it should overwrite the newer apps that are installed. If it turns into a mess, I'll just do another Factory Reset again.

Thnx.

4. hkmk23

hkmk23 Member

Hi,
    it would be nice if you could let us all know how you get on please.

I did a "reset" and lost the lot......had to do a manual rebuild and I am still not back where I was.

As far as I am concerned Google back up does not work.......

cheers

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews