1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips factory reset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kylecummins, Jan 27, 2014.

1. kylecummins

kylecummins Android Expert
    None

Dec 11, 2011
    Union Member
    Canada
    My phones battery life has slowly slipped since I got it a month ago.

Went from 14 hour cycles with 4-5 hours screen to 10 hour cycles with 2-3 hours screen on.

I installed batteryguru a few weeks ago and havnt seen any improvements of note.

I'm considering a factory reset - what exactly do I lose from factory resetting? Anything I should do before hand?

Advertisement

2. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-)

Mar 17, 2010
    Male
    Northern VA, USA
    Have you tried a battery pull reset (soft reset). Yes, I know you can't pull the battery, but it is simulated by holding the power button (ignore the shut down menu that comes up) until the phone spontaneously shuts off and reboots. That can fix a lot of issues.

Also, I would read some of the battery threads here and do some careful checking of settings and apps, particularly Google settings.

I'm not sure a Factory reset will do other than make you have to go through all the settings again anyway. It will wipe your system partition and get rid of all your apps and settings and any data that resides there like contacts. I believe your internal user memory (SDCARD) won't be affected.

3. Tyseyh

Tyseyh Android Expert
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    Male
    Leeds, UK
    BEFORE YOU DO, DOWNLOAD GREENIFY..
    ops..caps..
    right, download greenify and greenify everything you dont use on a regular basis. Not alarms though.
    It will freeze the app so it can not run unless you tell it to. helped my XS.

Tags: