1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Factory Reseted My Rooted Inc2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Devine Wisdom, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Devine Wisdom

Devine Wisdom Lurker
    None

Nov 16, 2011
    So I sold my phone to my roommate, as he wanted a rooted phone. I factory reset it and it still has SuperUser, so I assume it is still rooted. It is running the stock ROM and looks just how it would out of the box, with the exception of the SuperUser. I want to do the following:

1. Create a Nandroid backup for him, in case anything happens when he is flashing, this way it restores to his settings under stock and not mine.

I can't seem to figure out how to reboot into recovery now, as I haven't done this on the stock ROM in a while. I can't find out how to disable fastboot to do this, or did the factory reset completely wipe the program I use to reboot into recovery? If that's the case, how do I go about installing that again so I can reboot into recovery for him?

Thanks guys.

Advertisement

2. valorian

valorian Android Expert
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Male
    Northern Illinois
    USB debugging:
    Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging 'checked'

Fastboot:
    Settings > Power > Fast boot 'unchecked'

Is the phone able to boot up? You need to be able to get into settings to change these setting. A factory reset should not have changed them.

To get into recovery. With the phone powered off, hold down the volume down button while pressing the power button. Hold it this way for a few seconds and it should go into recovery.

3. actofgod

actofgod Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 27, 2010
    NY
    Can you boot an unrooted phone into recovery? I haven't had one in so long I forgot...I'm about to sell my Dinc2 and I want to make sure it's wiped but the power+volume down does nothing at all.

4. derrickdroid

derrickdroid Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Minnesota
    Another way of booting into recovery is to use Rom Manager app (free from the market) and select boot into recovery. Sometimes you aren't able to boot into recovery because you need to properly flash a recovery of ur choice. Rom manager will also help you flash a recovery.