1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Factory Restoring Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by seed187, Dec 30, 2012.

1. seed187

seed187 Lurker

OK. So I rooted my Transform Ultra months ago. When the first update came (2.3.4), my phone became unrooted. This was fine until recently when my phone started to have huge lag problems. I want to factory restore my phone but I dont know if it will brick my phone.

I tried to reroot the phone and then install the reinstalled the old ROM or whatever but I cannot find a working program to root the phone and I would rather just skipping that step if possible.

Anyone have any idea?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. xaelith

xaelith Android Enthusiast

Factory resetting will not brick your phone. All it will do is remove the user data and downloaded apps.

All the programs and rooting methods that worked before the May 2012 update haven't worked on any Transform Ultra that's been upgraded since then. One of the main reasons is because the update re-installs the stock Android Recovery as the phone boots up. There are ways around this, but if you don't care if the phone is rooted or not, then it's nothing to worry about.

I apologize if I oversimplified these instructions. Just want to make sure you succeed. :)
    1. First, I recommend downloading one of the following, depending on what you want to do with your phone. Either tu_root_.zip and SPRINTSTOCK.zip if you would like to re-root your phone, or just the SPRINTSTOCK.zip if you don't.
    2. Move the tu_root_.zip to the SD card on your phone (if you downloaded it), and extract the SPRINTSTOCK.zip to the "backup" folder inside the "clockworkmod" folder on the phone's SD Card. So extract it to "<SD card's path>\clockworkmod\backup", in other words, where "<SD card's path>" is what your phone shows up as when you plug it in to you computer. For me, it usually shows up as the "L:" drive. If the folders aren't there, then create them before extracting the SPRINTSTOCK (if your extraction program doesn't create them for you). When you're done, there should be a "SPRINTSTOCK" folder with a bunch of .tar and .img files inside it, sitting inside the "<SD card's path>\clockworkmod\backup" location. This is the area ClockWorkMod (usually referred to as "CWM") looks for when it checks for backups, and the .tar and .img files are what CWM needs to restore your phone to a previous point.
    3. Next, go to this thread: [CWM][New Clockworkmod]-Fixed No 2min reboot and follow the "Odin" instructions to install CWM Recovery to your phone, then when you're in CWM Recovery (while the phone is off or rebooting, press and hold the volume down button and the power button, letting go of ONLY the power button when "Samsung" appears), restore the "SPRINTSTOCK" backup by using the volume up button to move up, volume down to move down, and the power button to select, and navigate to "backup and restore > restore > SPRINTSTOCK/ > Yes - Restore". Assuming there's no problems, when the phone finishes restoring, choose "reboot system now" from the main menu.
    4. A minute or two after the phone restarts, you should get a notice that there's an update available. Go ahead and allow it to install.
    5. If all you want is an updated, out-of-the-box stock TU, Congratulations! you're done. If you want to root, follow the instructions at the link above to install CWM again, then when you boot back up into recovery, instead of restoring the SPRINTSTOCK, flash the tu_root_.zip by choosing "install zip from sdcard > choose zip to install > tu_root.zip > Yes - Install tu_root_.zip".
    6. Once that's finished, all you need to do is install a superuser app, and you're good to go. ;)

DMajor239 and seed187 like this.
  3. DMajor239

DMajor239 Android Expert

Xaelith to the rescue!

4. much respect to the people, does this mod have an effect on the method i use to repair an esn, i have read that this mod did not include the ability to be addressed by cdma programs. is there a solution. many thanks, fly like an eagle

this mod and the s model phone you cannot push ##8778## , mine says, uart and modem
    that doesn't actually work though; to create the diagnostics port as usual

5. niteNarmor

niteNarmor Android Expert

There are other codes you can use which would give you the ability to repair your esn and see the diagnostic port.

Samsung Transform Ultra Forum

The Samsung Transform Ultra release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, 128GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews