1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Factory S2 - Assistance Please

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Demon85, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Demon85

Demon85 Lurker
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    Hi

I rooted my Galaxy s2 to try and get rid of the garbage that Vodafone loaded onto it. I ended up having all of these apps installed and the device had a real

Advertisement

2. loony

loony Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 18, 2011
    australia
    i think you started on the right path to what you want, but just need some more work.
    you should be able to gid rid of the unwanted or "freeze" apps when rooted, as for the yellow triangle, it does no harm and can be changed via a jig. i think there are other ways but im no expert.i just keep an eye on info and read up myself along the way.
    (jig thing = [​IMG]galaxy s 2 jig | eBay)

read up more up top of this forum "root" section you will find more answers and on DEV sites like = Samsung Galaxy S II I9100 - xda-developers

your always best on reading as much info yourself on things as 1 persons opinion may not be the correct one. there are tons of guides, i found a good link to a site that explains it well but you will have to wait till im at home to post it.

3. steslatt

steslatt Android Expert
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Male
    Design Engineer
    Manchester
    If you just want the standard samsung phone with no vodafone bloatware then flash some firmware from here (you do not need to be rooted):
    [ROM + Guide]Official i9100 KE7/KE8/KF1/KF3/KF4/KF2/KF3 download and Root Guide. - xda-developers

These are all samsung firmware with no carrier branding. I can recommend the Frankenstein KF2 firmware, I was using it for a while and it gave me no problems although the newest is now JPKF3.

If you want to be rooted without the yellow triangle then follow this guide:
    [29.06.2011][CF-Root v4.0] KE2/7/8, KF1/2/3/4 - su+bb+CWM4 - xda-developers

The 2nd post tells you how to get rid of the triangle without the need for a Jig.

4. loony

loony Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 18, 2011
    australia