• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Factory SD Card Image/Backup...

First, a huge THANK YOU to the community and mods here. This is my first foray into hacking my phone, and with your help, I have been able to r00t and ROM the heck out of my phone and am loving the Hero more, the more control I have over it.

So, like a newb, I jumped into the deep end without making a copy of my SD card, which I have now managed to hose/nuke. One of the custom roms I loaded put in a a no-boot scenario, so I decided to RUU it and go directly from stock to my favorite ROM (fresh 2.1). Having successfully RUU'd it, I would like to drop in a new card and get it back to factory conditions.

Does anyone have a link to (or even screenies of) a factory SD card? I know that the device will create a lot of the stuff it needs as it goes, but I don't even know where to put my music now.

I am a total n00b and deserve to be scorned for not backing it up in the first place. :)

I too formatted my card without backing it up, but there is no need. Let me tell you where you can put your music...... anywhere. Just create a folder on the SD card and name it want you want (I named my "Music") and copy the music there. The music player will scan the card and find the music.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones