1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support factory slide to unlock screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scottfarcuz, Sep 17, 2011.

1. scottfarcuz

scottfarcuz Member
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    So I just upgraded from my rooted/custom ROM droid1 to the commando on thursday. I havent rooted the commando yet but might later today.

The factory set slide right to unlock and left to silence screen is my only real issue so far. I like to use the draw pattern to unlock feature to keep people out of my phone. With the commando switching on the draw pattern feature did not turn off the factory slide to unlock screen which is really annoying to slide the first unlock screen then it goes to the draw pattern to unlock screen.

I cannot find an option to disable the factory screen and just go straight to the draw pattern one. Can anyone help?

Advertisement

2. rjglenn

rjglenn Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 17, 2010
    Firefighter, agrimechanic
    North Florida
    I can't help you with that, but I can offer some friendly, unsolicited advice when you are wanting to try methods found on the net that work on other phones.

Be very careful what you mess with on your rooted Commando. Resist the temptation to overwrite system files to make changes like fixing the rediculous lock screen. The phone does not have a working recovery & if you break the software, it will probably stay broken...

What I mean by not having a working recovery:

There is no known button press combination to boot into recovery or bootloader from off. You can adb it into recovery. Once in recovery there is no working button to select any of the very limited options in the recovery menu. No way to make a nandroid, no way to restore a nandroid, & no way to install an update.zip. You can't even boot to a bootloader - the command "adb reboot bootloader" just reboots the phone.

I like the Commando enough to buy another after I hacked the first one into a bootloop. It does not lend itself well to any kind of ROM devolpement or hacking so becareful.

scottfarcuz likes this.
  3. scottfarcuz

scottfarcuz Member
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    Thank you for taking the time to point that out. I have actually read most of the posts in this forum and did see the ones where you mentioned bricking your commando. Always sorry to hear that. It's nice of you to take the time to warn others.

I really just want root because after going from a nice clean ROM on my droid to all this bloatware it is killing me. They have done this to us for years with PC's so I guess it's only natural to do it with smart phones. I find it really frustrating that you have to void your warranty to remove it.

Didn't Micro$oft get sued way back in the day for trying to force IE on users? I don't see how they get away with forcing all this worthless crap on our phones.

4. Techniq

Techniq Newbie
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    I have used No Lock and tested out Advanced App Locker and it seems to work as you desire. No Lock bypasses the stock slide lock and the App Locker kicks in afterwards.

Hope this helps.