• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Factory Warranty Replacement

Indrid Cold

May 3, 2010
North Texas
I'm about to send my Droid X off for replacement under factory warranty. (keys are sticking) It's currently rooted with Cyanogenmod 7. So I'm guessing an .sbf to froyo and a factory reset should be all that's necessary to avoid Motorola finding any evidence of root.

But since Cyanogenmod 7 is more of an advanced ROM in terms of features and functionality, I'm just wondering if anything else might need to be done to restore the device to factory “out of the box” condition. Some of you programming guys might be able to answer this one.

Anyone care to comment here? Thanks!

I'm about to send my Droid X off for replacement under factory warranty. (keys are sticking) It's currently rooted with Cyanogenmod 7. So I'm guessing an .sbf to froyo and a factory reset should be all that's necessary to avoid Motorola finding any evidence of root.

But since Cyanogenmod 7 is more of an advanced ROM in terms of features and functionality, I'm just wondering if anything else might need to be done to restore the device to factory

Reactions: Indrid Cold
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones