1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Failed at installing CWM recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cmitchell17, Apr 25, 2012.

1. cmitchell17

cmitchell17 Member
    None

Apr 25, 2012
    I should have been more careful but I was a little distracted when I did this but I have a rooted boost lg marquee that I tried to install the cwm recovery zip with the ROM manager. I opened the zip and it automatically rebooted to the picture of the android thing with the open box with the arrow coming out of it.

I previously tried to install the OTA update on my rooted stock from, but it would never work it just gave the android update picture and got half way and then rebooted, so I don't know if this had anything to do with it.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

2. TryingToRoot

TryingToRoot Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    Helicopter Flight Engineer
    Savannah, Ga
  3. cmitchell17

cmitchell17 Member
    None

Apr 25, 2012
    So I looked down at my phone and I think my thumb was pressing the home button and some yellow writing came up on the screen for just a second and then it was gone I think it said something about android recovery.

4. TryingToRoot

TryingToRoot Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    Helicopter Flight Engineer
    Savannah, Ga
    Added the link to previous post for you

5. cmitchell17

cmitchell17 Member
    None

Apr 25, 2012
    OK I can get the yellow writing to come back if I press the home button over and over and swipe my finger to the right.

So it says
    Android system recovery
    E: Unknown volume for path SDCARD:downloads/lgmarquee_CWM.zip
    E: can't mount then the same filename
    Finding update package...

6. cmitchell17

cmitchell17 Member
    None

Apr 25, 2012
    OK I read through that thread I can run the windows bat and get the command prompt to do the cwm recovery, stock tecovery , reboot recovery, and exit.

I am not concerned with anything besides just getting my phone to work I don't care if I have to erase everything I can.

Thanks for the help, I guess this is what I get for trying to do this and not paying attention.

7. cmitchell17

cmitchell17 Member
    None

Apr 25, 2012
  8. jmedno5891

jmedno5891 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 15, 2012
    California
    The same thing happened to my 1st lg marquee....unfortunately i was never able to get it out of that screen with the box and the droid. I tried both those ways posted in this thread but neither worked, you may have better luck than me though :(

9. cmitchell17

cmitchell17 Member
    None

Apr 25, 2012
    So I tried to download the kdz updater but could not find the download on the link so I found it somewhere else, but it dosent have the QPST type it only has 3GQCT smart phone WM. I tried that and after clicking launch update the program stops responding. I also could not find the R&D tool and I was using the ls855 kdz to update with.

Also I think my phone is set to mass storage because whenever I connect it to the computer it installs the mass storage device drivers on windows.

10. sik00

sik00 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 17, 2011
    Indiana
    How long did you leave KDZ updater alone before you closed it? I've reflashed ZV9 firmware 3 times on this phone, and every time I flash through kdz it hangs for a minute or two, then starts responding again. All 3 times it successfully flashed. If you closed it right away, try leaving it running for 10 minutes and check back. If it's still not responding after that amount of time, I'd say your problem is elsewhere, maybe a corrupted download.

BTW, it's not a fast process. Reflashing could take anywhere from 15-30 minutes, possibly more.

11. cmitchell17

cmitchell17 Member
    None

Apr 25, 2012
    Ok thanks I really appreciate everyones help, its so nice to have people that want to help who dont even know you from across the country.

Anyway I did let it try to update for probably 30-45 minuets and windows was reporting KDZ as not responding the whole time. I did not have the CPQT option either so I tried it with CDMA and TI and the others so maybe I had the wrong KDZ.

But now I have bigger problems as I took a break from fixing it and left my house with it to let some other people I know look at it. When I got back I forgot to take it out of my pocket and it ended up going through the washing machine so im going to try the rice thing and look for some silica packets. Its funny because ive almost done this like twice and then it happends right after my phone fails.

12. sik00

sik00 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 17, 2011
    Indiana
    You poor soul lol..sorry to hear it went through the wash. I live on a lake, and I've dropped 3 of my phones in off the pier. One of them actually worked once I let it dry out for a few days.
    3GQCT - SmartPhone(WM) is the right thing to choose in KDZ. I also ran my KDZs with administrator privileges on.
    Did you get your KDZ from xda's post?

13. cmitchell17

cmitchell17 Member
    None

Apr 25, 2012
    No I used this

http://androidforums.com/marquee-al...uide-flash-your-phone-back-stock-kdz-cab.html

I dint see the 3GQCT option on there, and what about using the emergency mode?

Also what if my phone wasn't set to charge only, I believe it was set to mass storage because windows will automatically install drivers when the phone is off and connected.

What gets me is where it is getting these file paths from

[​IMG][/IMG]

14. cmitchell17

cmitchell17 Member
    None

Apr 25, 2012
    OK so I can get it to go into download mode. Then I tried to do CS emergency mode and it goes through and says some stuff on the log then stops and an error pop up comes up and says WParam : 100
    LParam : 52

15. cmitchell17

cmitchell17 Member
    None

Apr 25, 2012
    I think I remember what happen, I think I opened the CWMrecoveryflash.zip from my phones internal memory. I also have the CWM.zip on my SD card to, so what is keeping it hung up on the E: SDCARD: download/CWM

16. lMonsterl

lMonsterl Android Expert
    None

Jul 18, 2011
    Self-Employed
    U.S.
    your going to get nothing but those because the cwm recovery is not made for your phone. kdz back is the only option

17. cmitchell17

cmitchell17 Member
    None

Apr 25, 2012
    Should my phone respond when I try to update through KDZ or is there anything I should do to the phone when I press launch update?

I'm going to try to use another computer and see what I can do.

18. cmitchell17

cmitchell17 Member
    None

Apr 25, 2012
    Ok I think my phone is done for good. I can get it into S/W mode where it has the LG logo and it says download is in progress Do not disconnect cable. KDZ keeps giving errors or it will says phone not detected everytime. The only other thing I can think of is try a WindowsXP computer and see what happends, but im about to give up on this thing and if I do get it working again the screen is probably going to be so messed up from the water damage.

Tags: