• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root failed attempt to root my Triumph

I was in the middle of rooting my phone using Motorola Triumph Upgrades 12/16/11 Update - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com instructions. I got to step 11 and realized just a I pulled the battery that I didn't do something right. Now my phone will not come on at all. any help on fixing this will be greatly appreciated. Thanx

Can you charge the phone on the computer? If not, I hope you have enough of a charge.

First, get into download mode (vol down + power). If you can do that, and I'm presuming you see going to load a ROM, copy over a custom recovery (revovery.img like a version of Clock Work Recovery).
Then, assuming you have the ROM on your SDcard, pull the battery.

Then boot into recovery (both volume up and down + power) and flash your ROM.

Upvote 0
That link u posted u were followin is more then just root, the guys got you rooting which is only the gingerbreak part at the top, the he's got ya installing setcpu to overclock or undervolt, I'd say currently don't play with either of them, and finally he's got you installing a custom recovery, the easiest place I see a mistake may have come in is it seems he has a zip to download with the clockworkmod image inside, if this is the case you'll need to unpack in, not move the whole zip, also names are important, must be named recovery.img no spaces or anything.

Further down he starts going into more stuff you can install but most are probly optional,, also while inside the mobile folder when its in download mode you only wanna touch the recovery.img, if ther things like start up sounds of shujt down sounds are removed the phone wont be able to do either

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones