1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Failed Cyanogen 7. Now stucked in CWM Recovery :(

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by edsoneicc, May 4, 2012.

1. edsoneicc

edsoneicc Member

May 4, 2012
    Hello, I just got my Xperia Ray ST18i, so basically, I'm new to the Android scene. I followed the instructions here Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki except for the optional backup. After installing CM7.1, I got stucked in the "touch the android..." I followed the instructions here Troubleshooting - CyanogenMod Wiki But when I selected the zip in the clockwork mod recovery, some assertion error appeared. I tried using other versions of CM but still the assertion error appears. In short, I am stucked in the Clockwork mod recovery. I am thinking of using the Flashtool and downloading the stock official firmware. Do you know any solution to this before I revert back to the original firmware? Thanks, I'm really frustrated right now. I've been doing this for around 8 hours :(

Advertisement

2. karandpr

karandpr Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Usually assert fails when you dont have the ROM for the relevant device .

If the first firmware worked(the one with touch the android) ,then flash the firmware again and dont flash Gapps .
    You should automatically Boot into CM android

Did you download the files from here ?
    CyanogenMod Downloads

3. edsoneicc

edsoneicc Member

May 4, 2012
    Yes I did use the update-cm-7.1.0.2-XperiaRay-ST18i-signed.zip I also use this one for troubleshooting the bootloop but then the assert error came. I don't see why when I first install the 7.1.0.2-XperiaRay worked and when fixing the bootloop with the same CM didn't work.

4. karandpr

karandpr Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Hmm .
    Maybe check another ROM from here :) .
    Xperia Ray Android Development - xda-developers
    Sorry I cant help you much .

its funny it worked for the first time and not the other :(.

Just in case do one thing .
    Do a factory reset and try flashing the ROM again .
    I cant think of anything else .

5. edsoneicc

edsoneicc Member

May 4, 2012
    Finally got it to work. It seems that 7.1.0.2 is the problem. I installed 7.1.0.1 and it worked. Thanks everyone.

6. Slug

Slug Check six!

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Glad you got things worked out. I've moved this to the Xperia Ray - All Things Root sub-forum so that it can be of help to others who may run into the same issue.