• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help FAiled to Mount SD Card on Galaxy sII

At some point I have been getting and now always when I power on under Data Encryption "Failed to mount SD card. Reinsert or format SD card"
I have tried the former (including re-inserting battery) and loathe to try the latter.

Initial research on the Web indicated others were having that problem intermittently and could be ignored. What I have found is that the stock apps usually cannot access the external card and that Task Mgr Storage shows SD at 0. However other apps (like B-Folders) store and access the external card just fine. My main concern is that I have some valuable voice recordings of my mother on the SD card that I can't seem to access.

Storage analysis using various file mgr apps indicate I have a total of 11.25G on SD Card with 10.04 available

I have Samsung SGGH-I727R (Rogers Canada), not rooted.

Solutions would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones