• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Failing at rooting 2.2

macca81

Sep 28, 2010
hey all, i had 2.1 rooted and now since having gotten 2.2 i decided i would root that also. however, i seem to be having problems with it.
im using unrevoked, and i even downloaded the newest version of it, but it keeps failing to push the image... it worked fine with 2.1, had the whole thing done in 10 mins, but this just does not seem to work... im following the instructions to a T... any ideas?

hey all, i had 2.1 rooted and now since having gotten 2.2 i decided i would root that also. however, i seem to be having problems with it.
im using unrevoked, and i even downloaded the newest version of it, but it keeps failing to push the image... it worked fine with 2.1, had the whole thing done in 10 mins, but this just does not seem to work... im following the instructions to a T... any ideas?

Do you mean to say, you had 2.1, after rooting it, you have, unrooted it with an RUU, and now trying to root after an OTA upgrade to Froyo?

Upvote 0
So long as you turn off signature checking in CWM you can flash OTA updates - ****s up your phone, though
probably ****ed up his phone then.

reflash via RUU imo then try and root, if you are having problems still then try and update the hboot drivers to use the ones that unrevoked recommends

what happens if you do "adb devices"
if that returns a serial number, boot to fastboot and do "fasboot devices"
if neither of these return anything then its a driver issue

Upvote 0
Things you need to know before you try solving your problem: (Via my thread on XDA)
Know how to use adb from the command prompt. If you dont have adb or dont know how to use it, read this. (Courtesy: VanillaTbone )
Be familiar and identify the RUU for your device on shipped-roms site
How to create and use a goldcard. Do it manually, or with the PC application.
How to navigate to the temporary folder of your Windows PC (Hint: In the run box, type %TEMP%
smile.gif

How to turn your device on into Recovery mode and Fastboot without seeing the screen
smile.gif
(See my thread)

Simple search on XDA can unravel more details about these simple mysteries.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones