1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Failing to install apps on the SD card of a rooted LG Bello 2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rymdmumin, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Rymdmumin

Rymdmumin Lurker

I've got an LG Bello 2 X-150 with Android 5.0.2 and a 32 GB SD card. In Android 5.0.2 you can't install apps on the SD card which of course sucks. I have tried to work around this by rooting the phone using KingoRoot as described in
    https://www.kingoapp.com/root-tutorials/how-to-root-android-5.0-5.1-lollipop-with-root-apk.htm

Then I changed the install location as described in
    https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-install-apps-directly-to-an-SD-card-on-Lollipop-without-rooting

Both things seems to have worked. When I type "pm get-install-location" in the terminal it returns "2[External]" as it should. However, when I try to install apps I mostly get the message that there's not enough space on the device, although space both on the internal memory and the external SD card should be sufficient for the installation. I have managed to install one app, but I suspect it was installed on the internal memory, since the amount of availiable memory on the SD card didn't change at all.

What to do?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Welcome to AF, @Rymdmumin :).

Are you trying to do an "adb install" or install something from the Play Store?

Testing seems to indicate that there are often free space checks in the Play Store app on your device that requires a minimum amount of free space. That free space amount also seems to vary by device and Android versio, I'm afraid.

Perhaps an "adb install" would have more success...

3. Rymdmumin

Rymdmumin Lurker

I'm trying to install apps from Play Store. I guess I'd better read up on what an "adb install" is... Thank you for the advice!

LG Bello 2 Forum

The LG Bello 2 release date was September 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, processor, and 2540mAh battery.

September 2015
Release Date
Reviews