• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Failure to find the apk file

Elora_Q

Lurker
Jul 16, 2013
First of let me apologize if I'm double posting. Hit the wrong button & everything disappeared.

I have the free version of Titanium Backup and was able to get rid of a few of at&t's bloatware but a couple apps came up with "failed to find the apk file" What do I do about fixing this so I can uninstall these. For example I now have 2 Bejeweleds one is the att preloaded app & the other is the one I bought. Thanks for any input I have the att fusion 2 which I rooted, thanks to this forum.

Elora Q

TaDa!!! I took you advise Radiance and purchased Root Explorer and it opened up all kinds of files. I finally found all the pre-installed apps under cust/att/us/app they were all there except for one which I found somewhere else (where I can't remember now) Thank you everyone for helping.
Elora Q
I second this. I used es explorer to search and found that the apps that I converted to system apps with link2sd were located at system priv-app on an LG phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones