• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Growing up we had a tire swing and we use to wind it up real tight and let a person spin it out. The last time we did it the rope broke and the guy landed on his back and all the guy could say was eeeeeeeeeeeek eeeeeeeek. We were real young and thought he swallowed his voice box. He just had the wind knocked out of him. He was okay.

Reactions: BrickHouse
Upvote 0
We had three parachute straps tied high in the trees on the high bank of the local creek / swimming hole. If the creek was high you could swing out and dive in. If it was low, you had best go feet first. The story was some kid got seriously injured there and our straps were cut down. It remained THE swimming hole for years but lacked the straps.

Upvote 0
We had three parachute straps tied high in the trees on the high bank of the local creek / swimming hole. If the creek was high you could swing out and dive in. If it was low, you had best go feet first. The story was some kid got seriously injured there and our straps were cut down. It remained THE swimming hole for years but lacked the straps.

We didn't have the same setup but what we had we enjoyed. There was a "dry" lakebed that would flood during the wet season. So we'd go "rafting" on our makeshift floating disasters. As for getting the wind knocked out of ya, .... that was a common/frequent aspect of the many "after hour" games of tag we'd play across the rooftops at the local park. More often from miscalculating the jump between trees close by and roofs, some times from a bad landing during a "gravity check" to avoid being tagged.

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Upvote 0
st-6-gif.583444

Upvote 0
Clueless DIYer: “I just replaced all this stuff and I still smell sewer gas. Sheesh.”

View attachment 162465
There’s a different kind of fail associated with this one for me.
While in the midst of replacing our water heater (which turned into a significant project!), I discovered that the J pipe under our kitchen sink was leaking, and that turned into replacing all of the drain piping under there. Ugh.

Karma getting me for poking fun at someone else, perhaps? ;)

Upvote 0

Reminds me of a guy with a forklift setting up for a huge party. The "wheely" went well enough ... He forgot to check his "flight plans" first. All said and done ,he had one heck of a time replacing the "wall of beer"( a wall 9 foot tall by 25 feet long) in time for the party to start. Nothing was said at first (or during the party) about the price he wound up paying in "atta boy" ribbing the next few months, aside from what he pulled out of his bank. He had a beer bath as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones