1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Faint ringing, low call volume

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Yugami, May 2, 2010.

1. Yugami

Yugami Active Member

Sep 28, 2009
    So today I decided to bring my trusty Droid with me to a 10K run to listen to music. It worked fine and I was listening right up to the last mile, but it happened to be pouring rain the whole time. On the drive home my driver was looking for a coffee shop, so I whipped out my Droid to find it. I noticed my GPS and signal both had x's, so I shut it down and turned it back on only to see the 2C.6C or whatever bootloader error.

We stopped by a Verizon store while my friend was getting coffee and they tried to reboot it, to no avail. I needed a replacement, but there werent any stores within 50 miles that had it in stock, so I ended up driving an hour to get to a store that had one in stock, rather than wait a few days for them to ship one to me.

I got my new Droid, and I had to update to 2.0.1 right away. Now my call volume is ridiculously low and the quality is pretty choppy. I have to squeeze my ear against the phone at max volume just to hear normally. I also notice a faint ringing sound while in calls. It's pretty horrible. Did I just get a bad phone? I guess I'll head back to the store and ask for another one?

Advertisement