1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

fake dual boot?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jasonator39, Aug 9, 2012.

1. jasonator39

jasonator39 Newbie

Since dual boot seems unlikely I was wondering if there could be a another way. One way I was thinking is to keep all the files in the data and system partition and just make a way to rename it in recovery.( Especially if certain parts are the same in both boots) I don't use more than half of each partition... Or make a recovery that automates a backup/restore of the crucial parts? I really like the thought of dual boot but it takes too long to backup and restore and delete the backup... anything out there??? Even if both boots are the same rom its useful.:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. maximumhax

maximumhax Newbie

I made a post somewhere here on dual booting and how it could be done.. backing up and restoring automated can easily be done, even with a script, but very slow process. I was trying an approach kind of how the app 'boot manager' works, but was trying to do the things it does manually as it can't access our boot.img while phone is running in AndroidOS. Our boot manager is accessed by recovery mode and download mode only.

I tried a few things, failed, didn't really do much debugging with it, just doing things based on my theory. Check out http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/578310-dual-boot.html

Maybe I will go back to some of my theories on dual booting and try them and actually debug them and see what kind of errors I am getting instead of just trying another method each time.

I forget who it was but someone posted a link on that thread about the Optimus V having a dual boot, but it used same kernel so you had to use 2 roms that were compatible with same kernel.. I just seen you had Optimus V on your device list.. thought you may want to take a look at that.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews