• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Fake GPS use - Gmaps keep switching between real & fake location

or maybe because i disabled all googleservices with the name location and fused, i now bugged my mock location service -_-
ill figure it out
Well that can't be good lol

EDIT: I seem to have run into the same issue as you and resolved it by disabling the Fake GPS system app and rebooting. I guess the Expert Mode option prevents access to the Allow Mock Locations setting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi All, [Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge on Android 6.0.X]

After rooting, installing the proper Xposed framework and mock mock module, disabling all of the wifi/gps/bluetooth scanning services, installing the FakeGPS app as a system aplication with Lucky Patcher, and using the DisableService app to disable Fused Location, I was still getting the issue with bouncing back and forth between mock and actual location. Here is what I did to solve my issue:

1) It turns out there are two Fused Location options, one as a stand alone in system services, and another in Google Play Services so you should disable both. (note when not using GPS spoofing you should restore your settings to ensure your phone functionality remains optimal). [ Each time you disable services you should reboot your phone ]

2) I'm not sure if this is necessary so test it out after trying the first step above and if your problem persists you can disable the following services within Google Play Services using the DisableService app:

a) Location Sharing Setting Injector Service
b)Log Message Service
c)Work Account Authenticator Service
d)Crash Report Service
e)GCM Intent Service
f)In Call Service ImpI
g) Tp Hce Service
h) and obviously the Fused Location Service.

[ Each time you disable services you should reboot your phone ]

Also note:

1)I have disabled all 25 services under Maps, again, not sure if this is necessary so only do it if steps one and two have failed;

2)There is a step required where you enable developer options, i believe you need to go to about phone and tap build number repeatedly until you see a message that says you are now a developer.

Finally, a warning, every time you turn your GPS on and off, the "Locating Method" under Location setting keeps defaulting to GPS, Wi-Fi and mobile networks. Be sure that you manually set it to use GPS only each time you turn on your GPS.

I hope this helps, it was a pain in the ass getting banned and bouncing around :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One way I found to prevent the jumping around:
1. Download DisableService from The Play Store.
2. Install it and search for Fused Locations.
3. Untick this box (grant/allow root access) and reboot your phone.

After this you can easily set you GPS coords without it jumping you around from your fake and current location. To give fair warning: you will need to re-enable the Fused Locations service and reboot again if you wish to use your GPS for anything other than spoofing in POGO.
I have no idea why some of you are having success with this "trick." The service FusedLocationService has nothing to do with GPS. It's to manage apps that store data on both the internal memory and SD card (whether you have a removable one or a built in one doesn't matter.)

FusedLocationService simplifies the process of reading data from two separate drives by acting as if they're one. It "fuses" the location. Of data. Not GPS signal.

Upvote 0
hello

i managed to get pokemon go with fake location working the following way:

galaxy s5 rooted, set fake gps pro as system app via lucky patcher ( doesn't matter which fake gps app you use, lockito works too ), xposed installer with hide mock location and also mock mock location.

so i enabled mock locations via developer options -> opened xposed -> enabled one of the 2 mock location hiders ( hide mock or mock mock ) it doesnt matter which, but only have 1 active. -> restart s5 -> open fake gps pro and set expert mode ( other setting doesnt matter it works all ) -> set your fake location via fake gps pro and...
tadaaa, its working, pokemon go doesn't detect your enabled mock location in developer options due to the active xposed module (hide mock OR mock mock locations).

but thats it? would be too easy.
its only working smoothly for a limited period of time. for me its 5-10 mins, sometimes 30 mins and sometimes only 1 min.
then the location starts to jump between fake and your actual location.
why? my mock location setting under developer options gets resetted back to disabled.
it automatically unchecks this options for any reason i havent figured yet.
my guess is that the pokemon go app disables it via any of its implemented security services.

you can get your fake location without jumping back through restarting your smartphone and enable mock locations in developer options again, also you can try different settings with your fake gps apps and these 2 different xposed modules.

my question to you guys:
is there any possibility to leave mock locations enabled in dev options? like forcing it to stay active forever / or prevent other apps from unchecking it?
If you're using xposed why not just download the Pokémon Controls module?

It blocks mock location itself, allows you to set your start point and provides you movable WASD style controls on the screen. No other apps necessary.

And since it uses mock location there's no rubber band effect from the real gps signal. It's absolutely flawless!

Upvote 0
Hello

I have found solution for this issue on reddit and it worked for me.

"If your GPS is jumping around from your real location to the spoof'd location non stop every few seconds here is a fix you can try. I'm on android had this problem for a while and it was super annoying and got me soft banned a few times.

Go to settings --> Location --> Mode

Make sure it is set to device only. Go check on the scanning tab and make sure WiFi scanning and bluetooth scanning is turned off

install an app from play store called DisableService and allow root (obviously)

Search for the service "Fused Location" under System tab and disable the service

Reset Phone.

Turn on FakeGPS. make sure update interval is < 100, Accuracy is 1

This should fix the jumping around Make sure to turn everything back to normal if you need Google services / GPS again! otherwise nothing works

update: if it doesnt work, have you tried installing Xposed Modules and download "Mock Mock locations / Hide mock locations" and tell me if it works. LG and Samsung phones seem to have issues as another service apart from the ones I named is causing location sniffing

I cant get it to work that fuses location is disabled. it keeps saying "failed to gain root acces!". Do you know how to fix this?

Upvote 0
The Android Phone I own is a Doogee X5 Pro.
It is running Android 5.1 Lolipop
The issue I am having is that I can make my user run around using the GPS with FakeGPS and I have disabled many services (This is from the tutorial that the person states earlier about all of the services to remove) and I can't use Xposed Framework because it won't work on the device. I have my Android rooted but I bounce back and forth quite often. If I go for enough away from my original location then it will Soft ban me but there is a way around Soft bans.

I have tried everything that everyone on this post has suggested. Still seems to happen. I am not entirely sure why
My location setting is set to Device Only so it only uses the GPS to get the location. My setting for Fake GPS (Full version): Update Interval : 1 (I have tried changing this around a lot and it doesn't seem to make any difference)
GPS Accuracy : 1 (I have also tried messing around with this and it makes no difference)
I can't use the walk around location because every time I try to use it.. it doesn't take me to the area I have chosen, instead, it will walk around my original location and teleport me to the location I have chosen every now and again... Very annoying.
The root I am using is KingRoot (Did this because its easy and I have no real reason to root my phone as I don't use it for many things) I went into my KingRoot app and looked at the root authed apps and FakeGPS is not there. For some reason. there is no method of adding an app to the root auth unless the app asks for it. So this may be my problem. I think that my FakeGPS app is not running in full root when in expert mode. As it requires it that may be the problem but what I can't understand is.. that would stop the app working correctly in the first place. The app works just bounces me back and forth. Any help would be nice. I kind of want to get this fixed because I can get passed soft bans and gathering a few new Pokemon would be fun (I live in a rural area where there are 2 gyms and about 5 pokestops.

Upvote 0
Hello

"If your GPS is jumping around from your real location to the spoof'd location non stop every few seconds here is a fix you can try. I'm on android had this problem for a while and it was super annoying and got me soft banned a few times.

Make sure it is set to device only. Go check on the scanning tab and make sure WiFi scanning and bluetooth scanning is turned off

Search for the service "Fused Location" under System tab and disable the service

Reset Phone.

This should fix the jumping around Make sure to turn everything back to normal if you need Google services / GPS again! otherwise nothing works

update: if it doesnt work, have you tried installing Xposed Modules and download "Mock Mock locations / Hide mock locations" and tell me if it works. LG and Samsung phones seem to have issues as another service apart from the ones I named is causing location sniffing

Worked perfectly -- thanks a million.

Upvote 0
One way I found to prevent the jumping around:
1. Download DisableService from The Play Store.
2. Install it and search for Fused Locations.
3. Untick this box (grant/allow root access) and reboot your phone.

After this you can easily set you GPS coords without it jumping you around from your fake and current location. To give fair warning: you will need to re-enable the Fused Locations service and reboot again if you wish to use your GPS for anything other than spoofing in POGO.

Hello!

I have a problem with DisableService -app. I cant find "Fused Locations" options in my System tab. What could be the problem? I have Samsung S4 Lollipop 5.0.1 and rooted with KingRoot and Fake GPS app is moved to system app with Lucky Patcher.

I would be thankful if somebody knows why Fused locations doesn't appear! :)

Upvote 0
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 Exynos (G900H)... Tried Fuse Locations, Use Device GPS Only, Fake GPS, Fly GPS, disable Maps services, Xposed Module Mock Mock Locations, Hide Locations, Pokemon GO Joystick, all to no avail, kept teleporting back to real location.

Then I found Xposed Module "Pokémon Go Controls"... that doesn't mess with your GPS, but instead works directly with the game... no teleporting back for some time now (hours only)... Maybe you should give it a try...

Upvote 0
I have a question. I used Nox App player and spoof my GPS on my Windows 10 Laptop. Now, upon uninstalling of Nox, I noticed my Location Services on my Laptop is still on the fake location. I was wondering how I can restore my Location service of my Windows 10 to its original state.

BTW, I installed Xposed and Mock Mock Locations on NOX. Please help...

Upvote 0
I have a question. I used Nox App player and spoof my GPS on my Windows 10 Laptop. Now, upon uninstalling of Nox, I noticed my Location Services on my Laptop is still on the fake location. I was wondering how I can restore my Location service of my Windows 10 to its original state.

BTW, I installed Xposed and Mock Mock Locations on NOX. Please help...

I would say maybe go to device manager and uninstall the gps driver. Reboot and it should reinstall. Maybe back-up the driver beforehand, JIC

Upvote 0
Hello

Reset Phone.

This seems to work well on 4.4.2 but when I try it on my OnePlus 2 running 6.0.1 it screws up my home screen after reboot. Phone would continually send me to home screen and reload all icons on my home screen. About every second. Everything else works fine, but just the icons would flicker on some kind of timer.
Luckily I have the disable service icon on my home screen and can tap on it to open the app and revert it back. So this doesn't seem to affect running apps, just home screen. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
So now that Android 7.0 final has been out for some time, has anyone noticed any problems with aforementioned techniques? And i'm gonna ask it again here: Is there any way to properly spoof the location by not rooting your phone? With Android 7 all these fake GPS software is also useless, it will switch between your real and fake location, and keeps doing it. Sometimes it stops, but then it suddenly continues, etc. It depends on gryo, i think. When you move your phone too much, it starts to switch location as the phone detects your real location again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones