• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[FALSE. HTC has made 2.2 Avail NOW! 8-2-2010] EVO 4G Froyo 2.2 Update Suspended Indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.
You big meanness will eat your words when he is right tomorrow. Some people on here need to learn how to treat others with the common decency we are all entitled too. The early release has problems maybe the official release does too:/

Tex

Thanks Tex, I don't think I ever deviated from my OP. All I said was that I've heard tomorrow may not be Christmas like everyone's expecting.

Upvote 0
Considering that Sprint has made ZERO official announcements of Froyo's pending release tomorrow, the OP could be on to something.....

That would suck goat ballz tho....

Why do pple get so upset just becuase someone is suggesting Froyo may be delayed? It's not the OP's fault is it?

there was an official announcement, here is proof:
EVO 4G's Android 2.2 update starts trickling out tomorrow, loads of new features and fixes in store? (update: official for August 3rd!) -- Engadget

Upvote 0
I have seen it posted in a couple threads also. Have not seen any proof but this op was not the one starting rumor he is simply helping perpetuate it, true or false as we will find out soon enough. Some of us in here need to play nice though, reacting too strongly only fuels the types of posts we all hate, instead of stopping them.

Upvote 0
I do agree, he did state it was a rumor and that he was he was told. I think the mods should delete some posts as they were clearly rude. I hope he is wrong and everyone starts getting the update but he might be right.

No he didn't. That was added after the fact.

I can just go ahead and create a thread and say I've heard a lot of info that Gingerbread will be available sometime in December of after that.

I mean, I could be right or wrong!

:D

Reactions: CriticalCritic
Upvote 0
I just now called Sprint and got off the phone with Customer Service and I am now confirming what the OP has suggested (and I challenge you to call Sprint yourselves if you do not believe me).

Froyo is postponed indefinitely for Evo. The agent also referenced an internal memo that stated this.

LOL, this post reminded me of the Charlie Murphy vs. Prince in basketball (Chapelle Show). "I dare you...challenge him. This cat can ball!....then he made us some pancakes."

Upvote 0
If this rumor turns out to be correct, then the people who did not update would be the ones suffering.

I have a fast, reliable, full flash 10.1, working Froyo 2.2.

I can wait for all eternity because I don't think the difference in the final release would be "that" different from what we updated.

Upvote 0
If this rumor turns out to be correct, then the people who did not updated would be the ones suffering.

I have a fast, reliable, full flash 10.1, working Froyo 2.2.

I can wait for all eternity because I don't think the difference in the final release would be "that" different from what we updated.

yeah, i am running a rooted stock froyo build, the only bugs i got was from the custom kernel with the fps fix and that is just making the camera only take up to 3mp pics which is not a huge deal to me. Not sure what bugs they have found if it is true they are pulling it, ran it without the kernel, just stock, all weekend and had no issues and I used it a lot taking pictures and videos, texting and using the internet, worked great.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones