1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Family Plan Primary upgrade details

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by cyberpine, Apr 28, 2011.

1. cyberpine

cyberpine Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    Wife is primary and has HTC Evo. she is coming up on 1 year in like 10 days. I understand that makes her eligible for some sort of upgrade discount.

We have 4 phones on the Sprint Family plan - all android. but only she and I are 4g. She's got an HTC Evo and I have an Samsung Epic. I came into the plan like 4 months after her.

This morning, my EPIC was seriously damaged.. LCD all cracked up, but it works somehow.

Is her 1 year upgrade eligible for full discount?
    I understand I can't become the primary without incurring some 3 month wait?

Can we switch phones on the system and switch back after her upgrade?

Any way to navigate this? And will the Sprint store even care about what phone she is upgrading from or if it matches what's on file? They tracking anything?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. MissJennell

MissJennell Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 14, 2010
    Female
    Manager
    Oregon
    Sprint changed their premier plans. If you are gold then she will still get an upgrade and she can upgrade to whatever you want and put it on your line after 30 days. You have to wait 30 days so you get the mail in rebate. If you do it at a best buy or radio shack then you can switch it to your line right then. If you are now silver premier status then you will only get $75 off the retail price instead of $150.