1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Fancy Widget Pro Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nsaint, Feb 14, 2011.

1. nsaint

nsaint Lurker
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    I recently downloaded Fancy Widget Pro on my Fascinate and I'm pretty impressed with all the different clock skins that are available. The problem i'm running into is when I apply the widget to my homescreen, the skins do not look the same as the samples that are shown before you download them.

Example: Many of the skins have the clock digits outlined in squares to set them off. These background squares are not showing up, only the clock digits.

Also, the weather icon is on the top of the widget instead of the bottom. Is there any way to change this? I've went through all the settings options many times. Maybe I'm just missing something. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. swipper74

swipper74 Newbie
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    Hey! Don't have pro, but I do have the free version.

On mine, go to the appearance settings, and under widget style select new or classic. Classic shows weather on top, New on bottom.

Under appearance settings, hide widget elements, there is a check box for "hide widget background". unchecking this will show the background canvas and also allow you to set transparency.

Best of luck

3. nsaint

nsaint Lurker
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Ok you were right about fixing the weather icon. Thanks.

I might not have explained myself very well on the other part. For the clock skin called "H7C Clock" the sample shows it having black clock digits surrounded by white colored blocks. All of this is on top of the normal widget background which you can change the transparency of.

Mine for some reason does not have the white blocks around the numbers. Basically any of the skins that have colored blocks around the numbers are not showing up correctly (blocks are missing).

4. nsaint

nsaint Lurker
    None

Feb 14, 2011
  5. chrisexv6

chrisexv6 Member
    None

Nov 9, 2010
    Go into Fancy Widget Pro from your app drawer, click Appearance Settings then Hide Widget Element and make sure Hide clock tabs is unchecked. Thats the only way I could hide the squares around the time. Also make sure you are using the flip clock under Widget Style on the Apearance Settings screen.

6. nsaint

nsaint Lurker
    None

Feb 14, 2011

That did it! Thank you!

7. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    NJ
    hey chris :) havent seen you much around here or irc lately...hope all is well

8. chrisexv6

chrisexv6 Member
    None

Nov 9, 2010
    All is good, thanks for the words! I feel like a newbie all over again though, been out of IRC and off the forums for a month and now we haz Froyo (sorta).

Good stuff!

nitsuj17 likes this.
  9. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    NJ
    well its good to see ya :)

10. Phienyx

Phienyx Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Is there another option for Weather Alerts other than having to access the web? Other weather apps that have weather alerts pull the weather alert info right up in the app itself.

Also...is it me, or doesn't the "notification sound" work? If it is me, how do you get it to work?