• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

robo21

Android Expert
Jul 26, 2010
So Cal
Has anyone here tried Fancy Widget? Do you like it? If so, where did you download it? I can't find it on the marketplace. It shows the time, weather and forcast:
Top-Android-App-Fancy-Widget-Homescreen-200x300.png

Top Android Widget: Fancy Widget | Best Android Apps Review

Oops, answered my own question here. I guess the widget was pulled off the Market temporarily due to a complaint by HTC. Apparently, it is being fixed and will be released soon:
Due to HTC's complaint, the current Fancy Widget will soon be discontinued. However, a new version will come back shortly with our own designs and more exciting features. Please follow the latest updates on our website. Thanks to everyone who supported us.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have "Weather & Toggle Widgets" which allows you to use different skins for the weather widget.... its not free if your DLing from the market but it looks very nice and has a ton of skins for any style your looking for... here it is on my Vibrant...

smilielol5.gif
LOL, I love the bloody apple! So what if I'm not downloading it from the market? Is it free then? Also, what did you use to take that awesome screen shot?

Upvote 0
I have "Weather & Toggle Widgets" which allows you to use different skins for the weather widget.... its not free if your DLing from the market but it looks very nice and has a ton of skins for any style your looking for... here it is on my Vibrant...
I had that widget on my Behold II and it drained my battery due to polling and gave a sleep bug.

Be careful, its not optimized.

Upvote 0
I have Weather & Toggle Widget Donate version prominently displayed on my homescreen, absolutely love this app. The animated weather is cool.

Upvote 0
I've used them all. I prefer Fancy Widget because it's simplistic and doesn't put a bunch of extra junk on your phone like Beautiful Widgets and Weather & Toggle Widget.

I have the APK if you'd like it. It isn't warez since it's free to begin with. If you'd like it, just PM me and I'll upload it for ya so that HTC doesn't come bombarding androidforums. ;)

Upvote 0
hi to every one can any one help me out and get a download or what ever you need to get fancy widget for my samsung galaxy any help would be appreciated

Sure, if you have not done so already, go to the Marketplace on your phone then download and install Barcode Scanner, then start Barcode Scanner, aim your camera at QR Code below and follow the directions.

Note: This was working yesterday. I'm not sure when or if it might be taken down.

Reactions: Kaystoy and adderxp
Upvote 0
thanks for the reply im not very tech minded the phone is brand new do i need to install a file manager or some thing like that if so can you recommend one :)
As robo said, go to the Market, do a search for: Barcode Scanner, download this app. Activate this app, focus the camera on the QR code robo provided above, once you hear the beep, click Open Brower. It'll take you to the market to download this Fancy Widget app.

hth

Reactions: Kaystoy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones