• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fao all andriod dev : Simple question

Doug Cooper

Lurker
Sep 12, 2014
Hi, FYI any android devs, should be a simplish question :

I wanted to know, if I created a app and have it installed in say mine and a friends android phone, we both add each other within the app as contacts etc.

ok so we both now have the app installed, is there a way I could automatically send a video feed from my camera to display on his screen (same style as all video calling like Sykpe, facetime etc) WITHOUT him agreeing to display the video. Obviously you can do this when the other user accepts the stream (like skype etc) but is it possible to do with WITHOUT them confirming.

What the question really is here : does android force the end user to agree (or tick yes) for an app to display such a video feed from another user of that app, or can it be done.

Thanks guys, if I'm not clear just let me know and I'll explain more.

Doug.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones