• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FAO Orange (and probably T-Mobile/Virgin) users: Sense 3.0/OS 2.3.5 OTA update now available

notebook

Android Enthusiast
Jun 10, 2011
For those on Orange branded phones, the Sense 3.0/OS 2.3.5 update is now being rolled out OTA. It's about 231MB in size. Once downloaded, it takes about 15 minutes to install and boot up.

On completion the new Orange software number is 2.13.61.3 and the Baseband/radio is 20.4801.30.0822U_3822.10.08.04_M, which is the latest stock radio version.

As Orange, T-Mobile and Virgin are connected by the same company, my guess is that it's being rolled out to all three at the same time, although obviously not the same software version. (Recent reports said that a Virgin/T-Mobile update had been released earlier this week.)

Menu > Settings > About phone > Software updates > 'Check now' to see if it's available to you.

Edit: The T-Mobile OTA (UK) is being rolled out, too. (See here.)

I'm on Orange and just manually checked and the update was there so I installed it.

I think the total memory(RAM) has reduced, now I have 596MB and with nothing running only 123MB free.

For the first 20 minutes after updating everything was really laggy (especially when going into the settings menus) but I restarted the phone and now it's fast again.

The new unlock animation seems a bit pointless but I can't find any way of turning this off, although you don't have to wait for the animation to finish, you can click on the screen to stop it, or if you want to press a soft key then just press it straight away and that stops the animation.

Everything else works just as it did before the update or better. Not found any other problems yet but I'm sure I will!

Upvote 0
@jmp003

I don't know if your phone will update to 1.47, then to 2.* or update straight to 2.*. But, if it updates to 1.47, then it should find the 2.* update (if it's available) immediately afterwards.

One proviso: Orange and Virgin users have confirmed that the 2.* is available, but I haven't yet seen anything from T-Mobile users.

Edit: You may also want to see this post, from someone who recently updated to the new Sense 3.0 ROM, from a similar position to you.

Upvote 0
I am with Virgin UK I just downloaded the update that was fine then went to install it and then not so fine....

I got say 22% done on the update then I got a phone icon with a red triangle with a ! on it :/ Any help at this point I would be happy with as I do not want to call the dim wits at Virgin :(

Upvote 0
@PeterGr

First, try a soft reset: Power off phone > Remove battery for 30 seconds > Replace and power on.

If that doesn't work, and if you can't use any functions of the phone, then you may have to consider a factory reset.

That dose not work I have tried that one before coming here LOL. This is what the phone says when I have to hold the power button down and vol up.....

I will have to reply back here later with it as its a bit long.

Upvote 0
assert failed: apply_patch_check("system/framework/com.htc.resources.apk"."f833411e60dc3876e194a1c63636b867faf711a863"."68a9a3e40b8557c2fce44febb92a9674b4eab4b6")
E:Error in /sdcard/download/OTA_Sage_S_Virgin_Mobile_2.13.351.6-1.47.351.2_release_231143vunyigsoxclccanj.zip
(Status 7)

No idea what that is but that is the reason I get the problem.

Upvote 0
@PeterGr

Try the soft reset again and, if necessary, the factory reset, but this time without your SD card (and SIM) in the phone, and try it with a different blank (formatted) SD card in the phone.

If the problem remains, then it's probably time to send the phone in to be repaired/have the update flashed to your phone.

I appreciate why you may not want to leave your phone with Virgin to be fixed, but if you tried flashing a ROM yourself (the only other alternative), you may further brick your phone during the process and your warranty would be invalid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones