1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Farewell. Also I need your opinion!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FoxyDrew, Jul 8, 2013.

1. FoxyDrew

FoxyDrew Android Enthusiast

Well there it is. It was a great phone and lasted for a while but I have to say goodbye to it. I definetely loved the great community it had which leads me to my question.
    [​IMG]
    I will be staying on Virgin but need to know if I should get the Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE or the Samsung Galaxy S2 4G Titanium. I do know the Victory is a faster phone due to its S4 processor but it has no ROMs or kernels available. However as for the S2 It has a good amount of Epic Touch 4G ROMs that can be flashed on it that I know will boost performance. I would like to know if the s2 will outperform the Victory after a ROM is installed and it's overclocked. Or if you think the Victoy will be better/has potential in the community for new ROMs and such?

Also Im trying to keep in mind the S2 has a larger screen better camera and a lower ppi.

Thank you all and I sure did love the phone. :D:D

Edit: I'm going with the Victory :D however I wont be getting it for about a month or so, so I have to live with the EVO even though glass constantly chips off it still works, which is impressive!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. alexacuna

alexacuna Member

There's currently one ROM and a kernel available on here for the Victory. I like having LTE. I'm rooted with the rom/kernal and it's preforming really well so far. Would definitely like the 8 megapixel camera that the s2 has though.

3. FoxyDrew

Oh thats awesome, I didnt see that ROM. But how does it handle being clocked at 1.5GHz? Also how well do the methods of swapping SD cards work?

4. Mobstergunz

Mobstergunz Android Expert

G60 has a Victory so it might have some potential. But don't have high expectations. I tried making a Stock Rom with G60 but we couldn't get data working. I'm not sure about the Rom you mentioned. My advice is go with a phone your happy with Stock, and if there's Development for it count it as a plus :)

FoxyDrew likes this.
  5. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Android Expert

You can get a used EVO V for $100-125 these days. I haven't decided what I am going to do with mine yet. It may actually be worth more broken than sold...as I have Black Tie on it...and I purchased it for $149.

How does Black Tie work? Would I get a gift card from Best Buy for $149, or $149 plus tax? Is it a gift card, or can it be used only on a replacement phone?

I would somehow have to find a way to accidentally break it though...ugh. I've been wanting to get into juggling ;)

6. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

The victorys a good phone. Very impressive battery life. Even clocked at 1.5ghz. 2100mAh battery vs the evo's 1750mAh. You'll notice significantly longer life.

7. FoxyDrew

The mAh doesn't mean much... to me anyways. I have a 3500 mAh battery for my evo now, and I still get about 4 hours with heavy use. However I have heard great things about the battery on the Victory. That with about 14 hours heavy use people are still left with over 40% with only a 2100 mAh battery.

I guess it depend a lot on the device/ROM as we can see with the EVO. Also with the smaller screen/screen resolution on the Victory, plus newer processor I can only imagine that that will help the battery a lot.

8. alexacuna

alexacuna Member

That's about what i'm averaging on a full day away from the charger (8:00 am - 9:00 pm). I'm still using all of my apps that were really battery draining on the EVO V. Also has jelly bean already. I don't know if we'll ever get nearly as many roms as the evo/s2, but for the price and lte it's a pretty solid device.

I haven't tried swapping the SD card out yet, but i'm using a 16 gb card right now. There's a external 2 internal part that i'm liking a lot. Since the rom is still in development, i'm trying not to mess up any of my functioning features too much just yet haha.

9. Prinny

Here's a battery shot of my victory. For what its worth. Perhaps it'll influence you one way or another.

Attached Files:

10. FoxyDrew

:0...Have you charged it inbetween the 6 hours...:0

11. Prinny

Not once

12. Prinny

Updated stats for you

Attached Files:

13. FoxyDrew

How often do you charge that thing?

14. Prinny

Depending on usage. Once a day or every other day

15. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Android Expert

My Galaxy S3 gets very good battery life as well...much better than the EVO V, but with its larger screen and processor, I don't think it sips the juice as lightly as the Victory.
    Is this a Samsung vs HTC thing, or is it more of a generation gap with the EVO V being 2+ years old while the Samsung phones in question are a bit newer? How are some of the HTC One phones with battery use? That's their product line from 2012/2013 right?

16. Mobstergunz

I'd rather see an Evo LTE go to Virgin Mobile, I'm not a fan of Samsung. I got my mom a Galaxy Ring and it may not be a power house but it is a good phone and pretty smooth since it has Jelly Bean

17. FoxyDrew

Strange? To be honest I hate HTC, well I should say I hate sense, I do like the great build quality of their phones. I am a big Samsung fan and however I would prefer a vanilla android experience I would have to say TouchWIZ beats any others. (MotoBlur, Sense, LG's thing etc.)

Buuuut, thats just my opinion :D

18. Mobstergunz

Lmao LG's thing that was funny XD

19. FoxyDrew

I don't know what its called lol. I don't even know if it has a name, but I know it exists.

20. FoxyDrew

Actually before narrowing it down to these 2, I even considered the Iphone 4s.....Then I remembered, I hate Apple.

Revenant Ghost and Mobstergunz like this.
  21. alexacuna

alexacuna Member

I've been off the charger since 7:30 AM and it's now 10 PM.

70%

22. FoxyDrew

Holy crap, I almost dont believe it, and I have definitely decided to go with the Victory :D

23. xstefen

xstefen Android Expert

I worked for geeksquad :-\ it's whatever u paid, 149 plus tax, toward an upgrade if they can't just replace it. Depending who u talk to u can get a gift card. I'm waiting to use my black tie alot. Got it for like 5 bucks when I worked there lol

24. Chairshot215

Chairshot215 Android Expert

Yeah I'm now using both The Evo and Victory and the Victory is dam fast.

25. FoxyDrew

Yah I'll probably keep my evo too, I'll definitely miss all the great ROMs but I guess I can live with touchwiz.:)