1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

fascinate battery life

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by missshaela, Jun 14, 2011.

1. missshaela

missshaela Lurker
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    sunday i upgraded to the 2.2.1 software on my samsung fascinate, now my battery life sucks. i'm having to charge it like 3 times a day...anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I do not own a Fascinate so I have no experience to share. Here is a link to the Samsung Fascinate sub forum:
    Samsung Fascinate - Android Forums I would ask your question there. Perhaps other users of your device can shed some light. Best of luck and thanks for joining Android Forums.

3. imfascinated

imfascinated Lurker
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    Hi - mine's OK since 2.2, sorry to hear yours' isn't.... don't know if you're rooted or not (i'm not).
    Have you tried removing the battery and putting it back in? that may help re-boot everything from scratch. I also un-installed any possible conflicting apps ( 2 Task Killers, old apps. that might keep re-enabling, or running in conflict with similar apps.)

I downloaded Android Assistant app from market (better than stock battery -use app) and it will show you in detail what's using the battery, don't need to use the app killer in it as 2.2 does a better job than 2.1,.... that way you can just see what's draining it and also whether wi-fi, gps,mobile data and bluetooth are on. If you use Facebook or Twitter, then you might want to make sure from settings that they aren't always trying to re-connect.

Do you use Juice Defender app? That seemd to help mine, coupled with their recommended sidekick app. Auto memory optimizer, and I also used those two in conjunction with Autorun manager which disables unused apps. without constantly killing them.

My first post today as a newbie was about how my battery life was improved by using these combo of apps. that seemed to help reduce battery drain and also by switching off wi-fi,Bluetooth,gps,mobile data and autosync/sync , until i needed to use them, all available from settings menu. Live wallpapers are nice but they drain juice. A dark wallpaper with The super Amoled screen prevents the color pixels being used - black = no pixel turned on(different from other screens and saves more juice).

Not sure any of this helps, but I hope you get it working soon and it's nothing serious!

4. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator

May 11, 2010
    Male
    Systems Administrator
    Northern Ky
    Welcome to Android Forums!!

Its never a bad idea to factory reset after a major OS update. Sometimes just uninstalling then reinstalling certain apps will solve these kinds of issues. The problem is if you have TONS of apps its hard to figure out which one is the culprit (battery left widget is great for this kind of thing)

Essentially all the apps you have are the 2.1 versions (assuming of course you just went from 2.1 to 2.2, if not then disregard cause i'm a moron, lol) and they don't play nice with 2.2 in some cases. This is exactly what happened to me when i went 2.2. (mlb at bat was the problem for me)