• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Fascinate Bluetooth Pairing?Connections Keyboard

Hello, I'm new to the site and have been looking around it for awhile now. I bough a Verizon Fascinate 2 weeks ago and unlike some of the threads I read really like the phone. It's funny how the forums over the years I have been on are so close. You never can please everyone. My question is this.

I bought a BT keyboard that says it compitable with the Android OS. I can get the phone paired but it says not connected. I have the option in the imput method of the BT Keyboard but it won't type and connect itself. The manual that came with the keyboard has very little to offer in installation but the basics. I have tried the following with no success.

Used the phones BT connection setup whick pairs and connects with my BT hands free for my car no pronlem (Jabra)

Went to the Market and downloaded BT JP and tried that way with no scucess. Again it pairs but doesnt connect.

Tried several pair key codes (usual 0000, 1111, abcd) that you set in the phone then enter them in the keyboard and tap enter. The BT keyboard has no set pair code number.

Verified BT Keyboard works on my labtop Windows 7 OS and worked fine. The only thing to note on this is Windows assigns the pairing number which i believe is 8 numbers and you enter it in the keboard a tap enter. Work fine though.

Has anyone struggled with this or am I missing something? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chad

Samsung Verizon Fascinate

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones