• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Fascinate - Strong Electrical Shock to Ear

espalmer2

Lurker
Dec 31, 2011
A couple days ago I was using my Samsung - Fascinate to make an outgoing phone call while driving. I had the phone up to my ear and could hear the phone ringing. As soon as the person I was calling picked up there was a very loud electrical shock noise. It was so loud that I threw the phone across the car. The person was still on the other end of the phone and questioned what was going on. It took 2 full days for the ringing in my ear to go away. I have searched pretty hard on this forum, as well as the rest of the internets, and haven't found anyone with a similar experience. Most other complaints seem to be from small shocks while touching the phones with their hands, typically with the phone plugged in and charging. In this case the phone was not plugged in.

I'm getting a new phone, but I'm just curious if anyone has any ideas on why this might have happened.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones