• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fascinate Won't Boot

gadgetmom88

Sep 23, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
I have a fascinate running 2.2 Blackhole ROM, no theme. The battery had been draining in 2 hours. Was thinking of trying a different ROM to see if that would help with battery drain, tried to do a factory reset on the phone, now it won't turn on. Stuck at the Samsung Boot screen. I tried to push the system restore files via ODIN, got the Fail, MD5 hash value is invalid. I tried restoring a clean NAND backup, but the phone won't boot. I can get into CWM red, but that's pretty much it. I'm at a loss as to what to do. Can anyone help please? Would like to set it back to stock and start over from a clean slate.

I have a fascinate running 2.2 Blackhole ROM, no theme. The battery had been draining in 2 hours. Was thinking of trying a different ROM to see if that would help with battery drain, tried to do a factory reset on the phone, now it won't turn on. Stuck at the Samsung Boot screen. I tried to push the system restore files via ODIN, got the Fail, MD5 hash value is invalid. I tried restoring a clean NAND backup, but the phone won't boot. I can get into CWM red, but that's pretty much it. I'm at a loss as to what to do. Can anyone help please? Would like to set it back to stock and start over from a clean slate.
Are you able to get into stock recovery via holding the volume button in while it boots?

Upvote 0
I had the same problem with loading Community rom 1.3 from 1.2 my phone won't boot and out of my 4 or 5 backups none of them would boot either. I had to wipe data and reload 1.2. Then it would boot. I haven't tried anything else since it scared the CRAP out of me so I am waiting for Community rom 2 before I attempt any thing.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem with loading Community rom 1.3 from 1.2 my phone won't boot and out of my 4 or 5 backups none of them would boot either. I had to wipe data and reload 1.2. Then it would boot. I haven't tried anything else since it scared the CRAP out of me so I am waiting for Community rom 2 before I attempt any thing.

Don't be scared... I was the first time mine was stuck on a boot loop. As long as you didn't mess up the bootloader(which is damn tough) and can still get to recovery or download mode, everything will be fine!! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones