• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fast battery drain at 40%

rayci

Lurker
Mar 1, 2019
Hi i have this phone 3 months old i juat bought it on a online shopping platform i use it as my second phone for my work, text, calls, emails, sometimes i play cytus 2 in this (leagoo t1)
the problem is when battery percent hits 40% it drains quickly it only lasts for like 4 mins
should look for new battery cuz this phone's battery in non removable
or is it the OS having problems
cuz last time i charge my phone is at 10% it charge slow for like an 1 hour then at 57% it stays in that battery percent after i replug it and look for outlet it quickly charge to 70 after 5 mins its already full charge

Honestly I've had the same problem myself with a few phones. More often than not it's the battery that's gone. I really do miss the times of changeable batteries. There have also been times for me when it was an os or app problem. First thing I'd do is uninstall the apps you've installed and see if the problem persist. If it's still there then I'd see if there's a software update. I'd factory reset to do that so even if there's no update so do that either way. If the problem persists then I'd say you were sold a dud. Did you pay with paypal? You'll have to check the fine print but I'm sure that covers you for things turning up in a way they weren't advertised.

Upvote 0
Honestly I've had the same problem myself with a few phones. More often than not it's the battery that's gone. I really do miss the times of changeable batteries. There have also been times for me when it was an os or app problem. First thing I'd do is uninstall the apps you've installed and see if the problem persist. If it's still there then I'd see if there's a software update. I'd factory reset to do that so even if there's no update so do that either way. If the problem persists then I'd say you were sold a dud. Did you pay with paypal? You'll have to check the fine print but I'm sure that covers you for things turning up in a way they weren't advertised.
thanks for the info honestly i pay the phone via cash delivery my paypal is not available that time, damn maybe i'll try factory reset cuz i know there are no apps consuming a lot of the battery the only apps i use often are greenify and cm cleaner lite before i go to work.
BTW i haven't tried draining my phone's battery maybe i'll try that to see if my phone will still last on 1% or maybe 2%.

Upvote 0
thanks for the info honestly i pay the phone via cash delivery my paypal is not available that time, damn maybe i'll try factory reset cuz i know there are no apps consuming a lot of the battery the only apps i use often are greenify and cm cleaner lite before i go to work.
BTW i haven't tried draining my phone's battery maybe i'll try that to see if my phone will still last on 1% or maybe 2%.

Are you rooted? Greenify can be used unrooted but a lot of rooters use it for the advanced features so got to ask. Also cm cleaner is from Cheater I think so there's a good chance if you delete that the problem fixes itself ;)

Reactions: rayci
Upvote 0
Are you rooted? Greenify can be used unrooted but a lot of rooters use it for the advanced features so got to ask. Also cm cleaner is from Cheater I think so there's a good chance if you delete that the problem fixes itself ;)
oh ok ok i'll try that one but is it ok i mean running apps on background can also eats battery life
and my its not rooted

Upvote 0
oh ok ok i'll try that one but is it ok i mean running apps on background can also eats battery life
and my its not rooted

Yeah running apps in the background will drain the battery but they shouldn't drain from 40 to 0 in a couple of minutes. Not even sure cm would do that but that would be my first call. And also I meant Cheetah but autocorrect corrected it :)

Reactions: rayci
Upvote 0
Yeah running apps in the background will drain the battery but they shouldn't drain from 40 to 0 in a couple of minutes. Not even sure cm would do that but that would be my first call. And also I meant Cheetah but autocorrect corrected it :)
hey thanks for all the info afer work i'll try all the mothods i know but for now i'll try draining it to 1% if it drains then its the battery but if stays in that i guess its time for me to reset it
i just can't believe i just bought this 3 months ago and its already falling apart hahaha
not like my main xiaomi hahaha!

Reactions: Shotgun84
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones