1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Fast Boot?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Harish Harris, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Harish Harris

Harish Harris Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    Hi,
    What exactly does the fast boot do? I know that by enabling the fast boot option, the phone turns on quickly. But is there any other advantage with fast boot except that it turns on faster?

Advertisement

2. Ruscris2

Ruscris2 Newbie
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    Nope, that is the only one...
    However, Fast Boot is great, better waiting 15 seconds than 1 minute and a half.

3. Harish Harris

None

Dec 12, 2010
    Hmm, but if it is the only advantage then why did HTC provide the option to enable and disable "fast boot"? They could'v enabled fast boot by default and there was no need of an option to disable it.

4. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    I think of it as like the 'hibernate' option within Windows, rather than using power-off. Not sure if it's exactly like that under the hood but, as in Windows, it's always good to power-off every few days.

To be honest, I never 'fast boot' my phone, it gets powered-off every night.

Dave

5. Hexx

Hexx Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Java and .Net Developer
    I think you have the option of enabling/disabling it as some apps might not be compatible with fast boot. Personally, I have it disabled and switch my phone off each night. That way, it has a nice, clean boot in the morning - and boot time is only about a minute or so - not very long to wait.

Ben.

6. Harish Harris

None

Dec 12, 2010
    Hmm..Even i guess it might be like the hibernate option in Windows which boots faster than when the system is turned off.

7. Harish Harris

None

Dec 12, 2010
    Yeah!!! you might be right. Because it is given as "turn off to use some market apps" below the fast boot option. So some apps might need the phone to be turned off completely for the installation process to be finished.
    Also i read some where that when "fast boot" option in selected, your phone will have some apps running (in the sense it will not kill the apps necessary for booting the phone) even when you turn it off, hence it will turn back on in just a few seconds.