• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fast charging not working anymore

GregwGA

Mar 14, 2011
I noticed all of a sudden that when I plug my fast charger into the phone, it no longer says "Fast Charging xx%" on the home screen it just says "Charging xx%". And, of course, it takes longer to charge the phone now. Does this mean my battery is dying or is there a setting I've turned off inadvertently. I have several fast chargers (wall and car) and the above is true no matter which one I use, so it's not the charger.

settings> battery> menu (3 dots upper right)> advanced> fast cable charging.

If it's on and you've tried multiple (known working) fast chargers, then it's not a charger issue. Power off the phone and see if it works- if yes, then there's a software interruption... if no, then it's hardware failure. Most often, fast charging get borked when there's damage or debris in either the charging port on the phone, or the micro-usb plug on the cable.

Upvote 0
settings> battery> menu (3 dots upper right)> advanced> fast cable charging.

If it's on and you've tried multiple (known working) fast chargers, then it's not a charger issue. Power off the phone and see if it works- if yes, then there's a software interruption... if no, then it's hardware failure. Most often, fast charging get borked when there's damage or debris in either the charging port on the phone, or the micro-usb plug on the cable.

I powered it off and then on again and that didn't help. I noticed that when I plug the charger in, it briefly flashes "fast charging" on the screen and then it changes to just "charging". I tried spraying air (Dust Off, electronics duster) in the port to no avail. I have confirmed that fast charging is turned on.

Any ideas what I can do next?

Upvote 0
Are you sure you have good chargers and USB cables? I've had a helluva time with mine. The "Samsung" chargers I bought off Amazon were fake. And the USB cables didn't work with my factory charger.

Sounds like you're beyond that, but I didn't notice my issue until a few months into my setup.

No, it is no the charger, unless I just coincidentally had 3 chargers go bad at one time. I've tried 3 separate fast chargers that I have previously used to fast charge the phone and none of them will fast charge the it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones