• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fast Notepad File Location?

very simple questions, hoping for a direct answer, but every single forum seems to go on and on about bullsh!t. 2 questions:
Where are the "Fast Notepad" files located?
What Type Of File Are They? (.txt, etc.)

Here's the path and file type. You'll need root access to get to it.
Code:
/data/data/com.taxaly.noteme.v2/files/fastnote/YourFile.txt

Fast note is a very nice simple app, though I'm a sucker for google's fancy Keep Notes which syncs across all my devices.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
very simple questions, hoping for a direct answer, but every single forum seems to go on and on about bullsh!t. 2 questions:
Where are the "Fast Notepad" files located?
What Type Of File Are They? (.txt, etc.)

You actually don't need to root anything or to look for in Data.
If you go to the 3 bars, Which is the Menu on Top Left, go to Settings, then Storage Location, and change to Internal memory, you will see the fastnote folder on your phone when you go to Files on your Android, or on your PC if you hook it up to a PC.
When the Fast Notepad first got installed, the Memory Location is default to Android, which you have to look in the Data folder of Android.
But in Android 12, on my Pixel 6, it does not even show that folder anymore.
So just change to Internal memory.
However, in Android 12, if you change it to Internal memory, then somehow, Fastnote is kind of slow.
So I only change it to Internal memory to copy the folder to my PC, and after that, I change back Storage location to Android, so that FastNote works fast.
dan

Upvote 0

Hey. I created a separate post for this because this one didn't help me at all, but figured maybe you guys could help me out so here I am.

I found some app files under Play files/android/data, and according to this thread I should find a folder named "com.taxaly.noteme.v2", but it's not there - I can identify the apps that all the folders belong to and fast notepad isn't one of them.

I have several notes on it so it has to be somewhere right? I have a Chromebook CB311-9H-C5KP (N17Q8). Where else could I look for them? I need to reset my chromebook to factory settings as it's being a real glitchload, so I would greatly appreciate any help I can get. Here's a sreenshot of the folder although I don't see how it'll help - the "Color.Note" you see is for another notepad app called Color Note".

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-26 14.57.44.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-26 14.57.44.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 207
Upvote 0
Hi. I'd like to add to my post (and not edit it in case someone comes by this again after reading it and not notice the edit) that dan le:s suggestion doesn't work for me either because my Chromebook doesn't work the way described there - I only have three dots on the top right, and I can't switch between storage locations like that, there's no such option. The suggestion sounds more like it's meant for a phone, not a Chromebook.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones