• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fastboot failure and installing a new rom

I've got this phone that seems to be rooted with only a problem that everytime that it's beeing booted it shows a fastboot error message, something like this: http://i.imgur.com/gBJFr.jpg That hasn't been a problem since all I need to do is to go to recovery menu and power it up normally by pushing down volume buttons and power button. But I just decided to install a custom rom on it, since CM is finally out for Driod 3. But whenever Clockwork reboots the phone to install the rom it goes back to this fastboot error and as a result I can't install the rom. Are there any ways that I can get around this situation and install the new rom?

I've got this phone that seems to be rooted with only a problem that everytime that it's beeing booted it shows a fastboot error message, something like this: http://i.imgur.com/gBJFr.jpg That hasn't been a problem since all I need to do is to go to recovery menu and power it up normally by pushing down volume buttons and power button. But I just decided to install a custom rom on it, since CM is finally out for Driod 3. But whenever Clockwork reboots the phone to install the rom it goes back to this fastboot error and as a result I can't install the rom. Are there any ways that I can get around this situation and install the new rom?

The CM ROM cannot run with Clockwork recovery. You must install Safestrap 3.05.

Restart the phone. Remove clockwork recovery. Install Safestrap 3.05, then install CM.

See [ROM] [KEXEC] JB ROMS For Droid 3 [03/06: BT/SPEAKERPHONE FIX]

Safestrap is here: Safestrap | Hash-of-Codes
The CM and AOKP ROMs for the Droid 3 are not feature complete and are rather buggy. The cameras do not work, for example. I'd not get your hope up too high.

Reactions: fesghelbahal
Upvote 0
The CM ROM cannot run with Clockwork recovery. You must install Safestrap 3.05.

Restart the phone. Remove clockwork recovery. Install Safestrap 3.05, then install CM.

See [ROM] [KEXEC] JB ROMS For Droid 3 [03/06: BT/SPEAKERPHONE FIX]

Safestrap is here: Safestrap | Hash-of-Codes
The CM and AOKP ROMs for the Droid 3 are not feature complete and are rather buggy. The cameras do not work, for example. I'd not get your hope up too high.

Thanks for the advice. What rom do you suggest?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice. What rom do you suggest?

I think that the best one is Minimoto, which is stock Gingerbread but very, very lean (for example, it has no software keyboard - you must add one from the market if you want to use a software keyboard.) Find it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1978304

The great thing about Safestrap is that you can try out a ROM like CM10 or AOKP in a ROM Slot (they all require ROM Slot 1 at the moment, usually) but then quickly switch back to another ROM in another slot (or go back to stock.) Hopefully Hashcode will update Safestrap to where the stock partitions can be written, so you can install a ROM to stock (which will run faster) or restore the stock partition to a slot (where you can debloat, etc., without affecting the stock partitions.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones