• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fastboot people

dan0zone

Nov 29, 2009
Today, 07:34 AM
bwilliams1

""""Fastboot mode

""""Ok so I have been able to reproduce it now, this is how I am getting into fastboot, have your usb cable plugged into your computer then plug it into the phone, very quickly press vol down + send + power. thats it, the part i was missing was the usb cable timing, it appears to be required, this is of course from a powered off state.""""

bwilliams just posted this over on XDA

Its a software glitch. It happeneds with the usb connection to.the sdcard unmounting was a know issue of 1.5(cupcake) , which the phone is running . Most issues were fixed in 1.6 .. I haven't seen any adverse effects from these sd disconnects yet , and it only happened the first two days haven't seen it since. But its up to you , I personally love this phone and can't wait for android 2.0......

Upvote 0
Its a software glitch. It happeneds with the usb connection to.the sdcard unmounting was a know issue of 1.5(cupcake) , which the phone is running . Most issues were fixed in 1.6 .. I haven't seen any adverse effects from these sd disconnects yet , and it only happened the first two days haven't seen it since. But its up to you , I personally love this phone and can't wait for android 2.0......
ive only had that issue when using a none samsung cable

Upvote 0
it has nothing to do with being connected to the computer, the phone, sitting on the counter with no one touching it, will pop up a message that says sd card removed, followed a split second later by a message that says sd card inserted.[/Q

Who said it had anything to do with being connected to a computer. The usb connection has dismounts ,same as the sdcard

Upvote 0
it has nothing to do with being connected to the computer, the phone, sitting on the counter with no one touching it, will pop up a message that says sd card removed, followed a split second later by a message that says sd card inserted.[/Q

Who said it had anything to do with being connected to a computer. The usb connection has dismounts ,same as the sdcard

My bad, I am at work and read the replys too fast.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones