1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Fastboot & Recovery Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Linux215, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Linux215

Linux215 Lurker
    None

Jan 25, 2011
    i noticed a new update for the rom im using and when i went to flash it i notice i can boot into bootloader but my computer wont read my phone and when i try and boot into recovery from clockwork it just freezes at the LG screen but nothing shows up but when i try and boot into recovery from the button combo it goes past the lg but freezes on a all black screen like its in recovery but nothing shows up anyone have any ideas ?

Advertisement

2. mkbkr1

mkbkr1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Sunset, Louisiana
    Need some more info. What rom are trying to update? What recovery are you using? Have you change or updated your recovery, and if so how did you do it?

3. Linux215

Linux215 Lurker
    None

Jan 25, 2011
    Phone : LG optimus V
    ROM : ASOP CM7
    Recovery : AospCWMod-VM670-20110531.img

and i noticed this after flashing the new ClockworkMod recovery 3.1.0.0 so i could download the new update from Rom Manager but i don't know if this has anything to do with it since i didnt look before i flashed new image , if i could just get my computer to read my phone in Bootloader i could fix everthing but its like it dont have the driver

4. mkbkr1

mkbkr1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Sunset, Louisiana
    Be careful downloading from Rom Manager. I've heard way to many stories of problems trying to download roms and flashing with it. If you must use it, manually override the phone type in the menu to Optimus one and look for the V rom in there. Don't just go flashing the newest update, it may not be compatible with our phone. Try this, it may help.

[How-to] Return your phone to stock(mostly)! - Android Forums

Tags: