• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fastest browser on droid x

It seems like some people have gotten differing results. Based on my testing:

Fastest to slowest
Opera mini (destroys all in speed, but not all pages render correctly)
Stock/xScope (essentially tied; stock ever so slightly faster; this is actually the old xScope which I still use, so not sure about the new one)
Dolphin HD
Skyfire (but great browser for videos)

Stock seems to be pretty decent, but I like the features on xScope more (especially tabbed browsing) and the performance in my experience is very similar.

Upvote 0
I find the new xScope is significantly faster than stock.

Dolphin Mini is okay in terms of speed (faster than stock) but the UI blows goats. If you like the UI, great, but I hope you like everything about it - how it handles clicks, how everything displays, etc. - because there's no changing it.

I love the xScope UI. The scrolling isn't as slick as some of the other browsers - it's just as fast, it's just a little less fluid.

Upvote 0
I will say that my biggest annoyances with Miren are:
1) When you use the browser's search bubble (even for Google), you don't get the Google live search. So, I'd rather use the main Google page.
2) When you hit the enter key in the search, it doesn't start the search. It takes you back to the stock start page with the search bubble filled in and you then have to hit the search button for it to start.

Upvote 0
i think the stock browswer is nice, but got fed up whenever i would search for something on google no matter how many times i hit enter, or the search icon, it wouldnt search. thats my only complaint with stock browser

miren however runs great, my only complaint with miren is when i hit the back button takes you directly the the main page you visit, instead of one page back like stock browser does

Upvote 0
bottlenose-dolphin-picture-2-480.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones