• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fastest, Most Fluid Launcher?

GoLauncherEx is better than APEX and Nova, IMHO.

I've also tried Go Launcher, but the last time I had it installed, I suddenly was plagued with Air Push Ads. I downloaded the Lookout app that identifies those types of things and it found Go Launcher. I uninstalled and the ads went away. I then read somewhere the Go Stuff had started doing the Air Push ads. I liked Go Launcher pretty well before that incident. Do you get Ads with it now?

BigRedGonzo

Upvote 0
I've also tried Go Launcher, but the last time I had it installed, I suddenly was plagued with Air Push Ads. I downloaded the Lookout app that identifies those types of things and it found Go Launcher. I uninstalled and the ads went away. I then read somewhere the Go Stuff had started doing the Air Push ads. I liked Go Launcher pretty well before that incident. Do you get Ads with it now?

BigRedGonzo

I get zero ads.

Upvote 0

BigRedGonzo

Haven't gotten Airpush ads from Go in a while, apart from their usual "new Go Themes" airpush ad everytime you go into the part of their interface where you choose a new theme for the app.

Upvote 0

BigRedGonzo

For the almost solid 2 years I've been using go launcher, haven't had not 1 air push ad aside from their rare notify of new themes.

If your a root user with s off (htc devices) nifty app ad away or ad free gets rid of those

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

Upvote 0
No way. It's gotten bloated and buggy and worst of all, now Go's stuff has AirPush ads.

Do you have a ad detector to verify? I just find it odd ive never had any air push from go and I use the launcher sms locker and keyboard

evaby4uq.jpg

No go apps for push ads on my end :)

Upvote 0
My bad, GoLauncher itself does *not* use AirPush. But GoContacts and GoSMS do. I've quit using and uninstalled all Go products on all the phones I maintain. Found better alternatives anyway.

GoSMS Pro DOES NOT have push ads. Add-ons detector does not see any add-on on the app regarding push ads. Never had any push ads from Go apart from the usual "We got new themes" notification when opening the theme section and on new install.

Reactions: Dankees
Upvote 0
My bad, GoLauncher itself does *not* use AirPush. But GoContacts and GoSMS do. I've quit using and uninstalled all Go products on all the phones I maintain. Found better alternatives anyway.

Oh okay, it's some of the themes itself that has AirPush are by dev BRIONICthemes. Most other themes don't have AirPush.

Upvote 0
I also used GO for 2 years; tried Nova, Apex, and ssLauncher last week. Settled on SS because it is so much more configurable than any of them. I had no lag problems with any of them. If you take the time to play with SS, add a few fonts on your sd card, I don't think you'll remove it. I couldn't get Apex or Nova to look as good as GO, but after setting up SS, I got rid of the other three. I'm not rooted, on Nexus 7.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones