• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fastest PDF viewer.

someguy43210

Jul 20, 2011
Well there was the same question asked, but its over a year ago.

I recently bought the Acer A100 tablet with dualcore arm cpu in hope to view some PDF ebooks smoothly (able to zoom and pan smoothly). It proved incapable with Adobe Reader and Aldiko. Infact, it was no faster than my single core phone. It seems that its the software side that's the missing link.

Sorry this might be a bit off topic since I'm going into the hardware too, but is there any android app or tablet ($400 or less) at all that can view pdf smoothly or at least reasonably well? I'm also looking at the HP Touchpad if its possible. Nook? Just want to avoid paying Apple and Microsoft though.

Thanks for the recommendation. I returned the Acer for an Asus Transformer and gave ezPDF a try as well. The app is excellent, especially on the tablet on landscape mode, the whole page is readable without needing resize on a 720p screen. Loading a textbook takes about 5sec. The response is quick, panning is instant, zooming only take a second for the vector graphic/text to resharpen. The culprit does seems to be the software, but the 10" IPS screen is much better for reading anyway.

The only downside of ezPDF is it can't read EPUB which I still have to keep Aldiko for.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones