1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Fastest PDF viewer.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by someguy43210, Aug 24, 2011.

1. someguy43210

someguy43210 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    Well there was the same question asked, but its over a year ago.

I recently bought the Acer A100 tablet with dualcore arm cpu in hope to view some PDF ebooks smoothly (able to zoom and pan smoothly). It proved incapable with Adobe Reader and Aldiko. Infact, it was no faster than my single core phone. It seems that its the software side that's the missing link.

Sorry this might be a bit off topic since I'm going into the hardware too, but is there any android app or tablet ($400 or less) at all that can view pdf smoothly or at least reasonably well? I'm also looking at the HP Touchpad if its possible. Nook? Just want to avoid paying Apple and Microsoft though.

Advertisement

2. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    Have a look at RepliGo Reader and ezPDF Reader.

They both run smoothly on my HTC Sensation.
    I would like to know if so on a tab too :)

Harry

3. someguy43210

someguy43210 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    Thanks for the recommendation. I returned the Acer for an Asus Transformer and gave ezPDF a try as well. The app is excellent, especially on the tablet on landscape mode, the whole page is readable without needing resize on a 720p screen. Loading a textbook takes about 5sec. The response is quick, panning is instant, zooming only take a second for the vector graphic/text to resharpen. The culprit does seems to be the software, but the 10" IPS screen is much better for reading anyway.

The only downside of ezPDF is it can't read EPUB which I still have to keep Aldiko for.