1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Fastest performer??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by golabp, Sep 15, 2011.

1. golabp

golabp Newbie

Hi, I noticed I was on the chinese version of 2.3.3 and it was a lot faster running than the uk version of 2.3.3. I am wondering which version runs the fastest amongst what is available out there? I want it. -- The Fastest running.

Advertisement

2. 916x10

916x10 Android Enthusiast

WB Xperia v5.0 w/governor set to "performance"

3. golabp

golabp Newbie

can i get a link to that? thanks

4. golabp

golabp Newbie

i got the se screen freezing up on me. during the zip installation it gave me the error SD busy or unavailable. I think it is because i formatted data and cache.

5. 916x10

Was your previous rom rooted, xrecovery installed and did you make a back up of it before flashing WB's rom? If you answered no to either of those questions, that's your problem. So this is what I would do if I were you

Start from scratch! Get back to stock 2.3, then root it and install xRecovery. Once you install xRecovery, make a back up of your working rom using MyBackup*Root (free in the Market), then follow the installation in the WB link posted above.

6. golabp

golabp Newbie

Previous version was rooted and recovery installed. I backed up my rom, then I followed the steps in the forum, however when I launched recovery to install the zip I cleared cache and formatted the memory.

Can you confirm, if phone rooted already and running 2.3.3 all you need to do is install the zip? And skip the format steps...

It's the only reason I can think of for the update to screw up the phone.

7. 916x10

If you're already running 2.3, rooted and have xRecovery installed, all you'd need to do is save the rom to your sdcard, reboot into xRecovery and do

factory reset (full wipe)
    wipe cache partition
    wipe dalvik cache

then install custom zip, find the rom zip and select it, reboot (it'll take a few minutes to get past the boot animation screen) and enjoy.

8. golabp

golabp Newbie

this is exactly what i did, and i got the phone stuck at the SE screen. I have reflashed and rooted, now Im hesitant to try it again. Is there a safe file? Maybe I downloaded a bad one...

9. nickp2

nickp2 Lurker

the first time you boot up it defiantly takes a few mins. I had a problem once where i flashed the additional downloads right after i flashed the rom and had some problems. I had to re flash the rom by itself let it boot then go back and install the additional programs.

10. 916x10

That's possible, I guess. Just do it again, don't worry about bricking your phone cause it's damn near impossible. Obviously you did something wrong the first time around cause you got the "SD card busy" error. When I was doing this process to my phone for the first time, I read the whole "how to" thread first, then I double and triple read and checked each step along the way before I actually did it just to make sure I was doing what I was supposed to be doing.

11. golabp

golabp Newbie

android version 2.3.3

baseband version 2.1.71

kernel version 2.6.29-00054-g5f01537
    SEMCUser@SEMCHost #1

build number Wolf_Xperia_6.0.0s

I have the GO launcher installed and running the phone like a beast!! Never this fast and smooth, everything looks great.

3 things i noticed however, i don't have xloud which i thought was included in the v6 rom. also how do i know if i have the bravia engine? there a way to check?

i sometimes have issues with the settings button, sometimes the phone wont come to life right away, you need to hit the back and menu buttons a few times before backlight comes on ....

you guys experinced anything else?

12. 916x10

Glad u got it going, hope I helped somehow. WB v6 is savage! They say the custom version is even faster but im content on the stock kernel version.

xLoud and Bravia have been flashable add ons since v3.5 since it seemed to cause conflicts with the ARC theme chooser, which is also a flashable add on now as well. You can find it under "additional downloads" in the op of the wb rom thread on xda. I have not experienced the issues ur talking about

13. golabp

golabp Newbie

another problem im having is downloading files from the net. my downloads are all unsuccessful. any comments? edit: I experience it only on mobile networks so that might be something to look into.....hmmm

14. golabp

golabp Newbie

Before I go an screw up my phone again, can you tell me the difference with running the Bravia engine especially if i am running the GoLauncher. Further what install method did you use to update the the files. Did you use Xrecovery to install them or flash them onto the phone?

15. 916x10

I haven't had that problem, but others have...they were told to download something called downloadallfiles. Give that a shot. Or, before you do that, go into xRec and fix permissions, it's in the advanced options menu. Reboot and try again, if that doesn't work, try the downloadallfiles thing.

I don't have any experience with the GoLauncher, however I've been running xLoud and Bravia since it first became available on the X10.....Bravia is only noticeable in the Gallery, it does nothing for the graphics in any other area on the phone so it's probably something you could do without. Besides, the stock Gallery is pretty weak, QuickPic is where it's at! I used xRec to flash them. I've only used flashtool to do the update to 2.1 (Global Generic, rooted and debranded) and to flash the baseband/kernel for the 2.3 rom. Other than that, it never gets used, xRec is my tool of choice.

16. golabp

golabp Newbie

So what exactly does Bravia do? From what i know it enhances pixels and colors?

17. 916x10

The official explanation is:

The Mobile BRAVIA (Best Resolution Audio Visual Integrated Architecture) technology is a suite of image processing technologies and offers:Improved image quality from any signal like photos, filmed videos, YouTube videos, flash animations and websites
    Clearer, sharper and more natural images
    The LED back-lit Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA

18. jhnelo

jhnelo Well-Known Member

I updated to v6.0.0s last night. Seems to be very laggy and performance isn't to great. On quadrant scores I am only getting 990 Max where as on my old Tom I was getting 1100. Would it be better to go back or is there anything to do to improve performance. Thanks jhnelo

Battery is draining very quickly to.

19. golabp

golabp Newbie

I installed the Battery Mod, as well as the Xloud and Bravia Mods.

I like the batt mod, Xloud you can see a difference. The Bravia - i dont see any differnce other than the fact it lags now in gallery, it never lagged prior.

V6 untouched is a BEAST! Going back to it, only if I could installed Xloud without Bravia....hmmm

20. 916x10

That def isnt the norm, im on v6.0s/custom battery theme/colored status bar icons (signal bars and wifi bars turn green when connected to net w/background data on)/xLoud and Bravia/custom skinned HTC keyboard/facebook and eventstream removed/custom app drawer launcher icon/3 panel homescreen mod/ among other customizations and my phone is significantly faster than its ever been. As for battery drain, On a normal day I still have at least 80% left when I get home from work...... I take my phone off the charger at 6:30am and get home at 5:15pm..... I once got 3+ days on a single charge. I would recalibrate my battery if I were you.

21. 916x10

Deactivate it, problem solved.

22. golabp

golabp Newbie

Not the same i feel the difference, here is something funny. I had the batt mod and xloud/bravia combo installed, and noticed all i would get is missed calls. apparently all my calls would go straight to voicemail, the phone would never ring/vibrate show a incoming call. Also i wouldn't get texts right away there was a 1-2 hr lag. I called my carrier to see if it was a network problem but it seems the settings in the phone were unbalanced. SO.......wiped clean tried it again, works fine now (never called the carrier back) BUT whatever I do i can't get the damn batt mod to work, installs fine but just doesn't show..... whatever i can do without......

23. jhnelo

jhnelo Well-Known Member

When my battery reaches 15% I get a pop-up saying '0% battery remaining connect charger' an yesterday I unplugged at 6.30am an by 2pm I was on 8% an I didn't text call anyone an wireless and GPS was off, how do I recalibrate my battery? An do you have the link so for all the stuff you have got please? Thank-you

24. golabp

golabp Newbie

go here for all the files: [ROM] Wolfs TW Gingerbread | Feel the difference | V6 out | 17/9/2011 - xda-developers Your battery could improve with the above Rom, install it and get it running if it is still the same I would replace my battery. You might have a bad one. Before v6 I had similar battery usage, plugged in all night and by mid day i was down to 50% and by 2pm i was done, had to recharge...Now I can go all day without having to recharge and i use the phone more...

jhnelo likes this.