• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fatality: 2020

We all think about the inevitable last day:maskeddroid: I know where I am going after this, I accepted Jesus christ as my lord savior and asked him forgiveness regarding my sins.
That got me thinking about my funeral or memorial service :thinking:
I don't know who will attend (probably no one:thumbsupdroid:) but if there are people coming to my funeral, I will three simple request
1) absolutely no black, grey clothes, no suits and ties, no dresses, etc etc, I want people in jeans and t shirts, Hawaiian shorts and tank tops :D
2) bleep the freaking memorial or funeral services, I don't want people crying and carrying on
3) I want people to have a party, food, drinks, music, dancing, conversation, no mourning, no pity party people having a good time

Upvote 0
My mom succumbed to COVID-19 this past week. She was on morphine the entire time and did not suffer. No ceremony, no fuss, simple cremation was her wish... not like we are able to travel halfway across the country right now anyway.

So sorry. As mentioned often by a radio host here when interviewing relatives of those lost to Covid, it's the knowledge that she knew how much she was loved which will give the most comfort to you in time.

Upvote 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
One last (I hope) notable passing for 2020. Brilliant guitarist Leslie West passed away on Dec. 23rd. Lead singer and guitarist of the rock group Mountain. Biggest hit was likely Mississippi Queen though there were a number of Mountain songs that I liked. RIP and thanks for the tunes.

Upvote 0
As Moody was very sad to open the 2020 thread, I’m also very sad to update this thread with news of gymnast Kurt Thomas’ untimely death (in June 2020) at 64 following a stroke.

Every male gymnast uses moves he pioneered in the 70s and he was well poised to take the 1980 Olympics by storm…until Russia invaded Afghanistan and we boycotted the games.
Article here if you are interested: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/07/sports/kurt-thomas-dead.html

RIP, Kurt, and thanks for being an inspiration to so many and for helping the US launch a solid pursuit of excellence into men’s gymnastics.

Reactions: olbriar and ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones