• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fatality: 2022

Nine pages for last year's edition (at what, 40 posts per page? IDK) and this coming year will probably approach that because, well, entropy if nothing else.

I have no idea what I am saying, I just woke up and am suffering a hangover from last night, hah!

Anyway, let's celebrate our losses with a thread dedicated to their memories!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
^^^ Thanks for posting that. I read a few obits/tributes and most appreciated the one from the BBC: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60019483.amp

The stories of the Tuskegee Airmen are historic and heartbreaking at the same time. Hard enough to live through awful wartime but to be of color and this relegated to lesser status (notwithstanding brilliant flying capabilities) had to be depressing. But they soldiered through. I’m grateful so many survived to share their important stories, and of course grateful for the collective sacrifice to help change the course of a war.

RIP, Mr. McGee, and my humble thanks for your service.

Upvote 0
^^^ Thanks for posting that. I read a few obits/tributes and most appreciated the one from the BBC: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60019483.amp

The stories of the Tuskegee Airmen are historic and heartbreaking at the same time. Hard enough to live through awful wartime but to be of color and this relegated to lesser status (notwithstanding brilliant flying capabilities) had to be depressing. But they soldiered through. I’m grateful so many survived to share their important stories, and of course grateful for the collective sacrifice to help change the course of a war.

RIP, Mr. McGee, and my humble thanks for your service.
Sure rootabaga, I think it is more fitting to put these more instead of actors.

Upvote 0
Sure rootabaga, I think it is more fitting to put these more instead of actors.

I suppose I tend to think of these threads rather as a repository for most any notable death, be they a celebrity, political figure, historical figure, sports figure, etc. Thoreau said that “most men [I’m sure he meant that inclusively] lead lives of quiet desperation,” so I guess I broadly regard most of the rest of the resulting minority as fair game for the fatality threads. Sort of a “somebody most of us have heard of (or should have).” ;)
Still, it’s an open forum, so each member should post about the losses they deem notable.
And may none of us be personally affected by the death of someone close this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Dumble Amplifiers - Wikipedia Wow, the man behind the amp passed on, true a wonderful amp in all aspects of music, that people tend to forget about altogether. May his work be just in awe.
You may wish to put this in the 2022 Fatality thread…or perhaps a mod will move it for you.
RIP, Mr. Dumble, and thanks for your devotion to your work.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
All set. Thanks. :)
Thanks for moving the post, but would you mind reopening the thread? There are sometimes useful updates that might be added, such as finding out later about another 2021 (or prior year) fatality that we’d like to share or (as in the last example in the 2021 thread) there is additional information to be shared. Or, of course, if someone is looking in the thread and has something they would like to add about a particular entry.
Speaking humbly for myself, I don’t believe that a rare mis-post is cause for thread closure. I realize it’s potentially a bit more work for staff, but as noted it is exceedingly rare in the fatality threads. Thanks!

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones